It had to happen ... REAPER 666!

Ha, that is to say, Reaper DAW just realeased version 6.66! Probably not a big deal, but I’m still going to call it “The Mark of the Beat”. :grin:

Anyway, I thought it would be an opportunity to check in on the latest Reaper developments, if anybody has any tips or tricks. I try to keep up with it, but most new version changes seem to be little tweaks and fixes. I did like the new ReaLimit plugin. I haven’t had a chance to try out Razor Edits though, which seemed to be pretty significant.

Thoughts?

1 Like

1st thought; they do an upgrade every 27 minutes, so the update will be outdated before midnight.
Secondly, this would be a good time for Reaper to change their name to Rapture.

2 Likes

Ha, so true! I about fell out of my chair when I read that. :joy:
“Rapture: the perfect DAW for the Apocalypse!” :angel:

Now included!

1 Like

I’m not seeing that in mine, though I do have that plugin, but I don’t see another one added by Reaper. They also haven’t shown that in their update list of changes.

Maybe you already had this as a free plugin installed from Soundtoys?

AFAIK that plugin hasn’t been added to Reaper by their developers.

Methinks @holster is having a joke. Not to put too fine a point on it - a clue is in the name of this thread and how it relates to the name of the plugin he posted a picture of… geddit?

1 Like

Ha, yeah. I’ll be damned. :imp: I should have caught that. Thanks for pointing it out!

I can’t recall the last time I noticed a change or upgrade in Reaper as it is so seamlessly handled. I sometimes think something has changed about something, for example, recording midi controller input (playing synth line etc) and now noticing in the time temp grid very odd numbers, as if it is detecting my out of time playing. It’s no big deal, just seems newish.

1 Like

Me? Make jokes? My kids are pretty tired of my dad jokes, so I have to use them somewhere! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reaper 666 should have switched to Hellvetica font. :slightly_smiling_face: