Is there any way to remove or at least lessen a snare in an old recroding?

I have an old song that I can’t access the tracks. I think it is around 2001.or 2. I pulled what I thought (don’t laugh) was the hard drive out of it in case I ever wanted to go back. I think now it is just the CD player Unless, it is in there, which I doubt. I never mess inside except to remove dust. Any how I have this very annoying snare that hits on the first of each measure of this song that is terribly annoying. I would love to remove all the drums from this acoustic driven song, but I know that is impossible. Lowering just that snare would be plenty. Why I put drums with it I’ll never know?

Update. The hard drive is forever gone…shit

OK its not possible to remove the drums as such, but you can just improve the mix a little, just by driving the instruments around them… see if if you like this better? Its a little … different, possibly :crazy_face:

Oh yeah, that is way more better and if I can’t retrieve those original tracks, this will be a keeper. I knew you can do some crazy things to improve completed tracks, so I thank you very much for this. Hope it didn’t take to long.

10 mins… so you owe me exactly one 12oz bottle of Corona… if we ever meet lol :slight_smile:

1 Like