Iron Sheik, mix

Indie rock mix

1 Like

Nice tones! Dont have much to pick apart aside small preference stuff. I think drums could take a bit of punch and drive around 1min marker till 1:25 then they can likely fade back again

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

The only thing that seems a bit off is that the vocals are a bit out of tune at 1:51. Not sure if it was the lead vocal or if it was the harmonies vocals. I’m wondering if a little bit of autotuning would make that a bit more solid. On the other hand, this song is somewhat “punk-pop”, so maybe things don’t need to be totally pitch perfect.

1 Like

Cheers guys

1 Like

Sounds good Alan - nice tones you got on the mix, and it sounds pretty balanced. The biggest thing that needs attention with this mix is the vocals. During the chorus, it sounds like the lead vocal is too low in volume, as the harmonies take over in level there, and they are not very interesting melodically. I did this mix about two years ago and posted it here:

The lead vocal was pretty good, but I remember spending quite a bit of time tuning the background vocals to get them to sit right in the mix. But if you listen to my mix, you’ll hear how the lead vocal in the chorus brings out a completely different melody to your mix.

Nice work overall!

1 Like

it sounds i have got bvs missing to your mix