Interface headphone output distorting

So lately I’m noticing distortion on the headphone output of my focusrite saffire pro 14, especially on loud, heavily compressed/limited stuff. At first I thought it was something clipping somewhere in my DAW, but it happens when I play professionally made music through windows media player as well. I’ve tried a couple different pairs of headphones through the interface, and through my phone, and it only distorts through the interface. I’ve had the thing like 6 or 7 years so I’m wondering if maybe the headphone amp is dying or something. Can that happen? It doesn’t seem to happen through my monitors just the headphones. It’s gotta be either a bad setting somewhere, or the headphone output is bad. I can’t seem to figure it out, anyone have any ideas?

Headphone jacks are flimsy as hell from the constant in and out motion. They don’t make 'em like they used to.

1 Like

Maybe it’s as simple as that then. I’ve just never had one go bad so I wasn’t sure what they do when they go bad, at least headphones cut out when they die so it’s more obvious.