Im gonna miss you girl...demo

You’re goin away

A D A D
You’ve been such a bright shining light…. You’ve always warmed my heart
A D E
I knew you were special from the start… I’ve been dreading this day we have to apart

A       Dsus2   A     D            A      Dsus2                                       

Yur goin away so far away yur goin away

G                               D                       A                                    D

It’s gonna be a very sad day… I’m gonna miss you girl…I’m gonna miss you girl

Yur finally out there on your own… mistakes yur gonna have to own A D A D

A D E
Don’t feel bad if you don’t phone home cuz that just tells me Yur not feelin alone

A       D          A     D            A       D                                        

I’m kinda glad you don’t wanna stay…but I’ll miss ya girl G D A D

C#m D C#m D
Baby breath little steps and playgrounds tiny pedals tricycle was all brand new (bridge)

C#m D E
Middle school… friends crewl… finally graduation… the whole world’s waitn for you

A D A D A D
G D A D
I know I can’t ask you to stay…I’m gonna miss you girl…I’m gonna miss you girl

1 Like

I did! lol

Have to admit I miss the good old days when this site was at its best. Great memories, great times :slight_smile:

feaker,
Have patience my friend. I would have eventually checked it out…today! I wouldn’t complain if you reposted it.

2 Likes

Yup, sounds like a repost is in order!
I think a lot of us are just busy and only get a few moments on the weekends (often only every other weekend for me) to dedicate to music.

This is a great music community and resource. Keep ’em coming everyone!

1 Like

Hey fly. My songs have gotten progressively worse as this aging process takes a hold. No biggie. I started playing at the senior center before and after the meal. They are entertainment starved so I am viewed as a rock star ha ha. Here is my last song sheet. It is in 3/4 time with the tune “you took a fine time to leave me Lucille” ?? they loved it btw

Please right that bell = melody line from “you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille”

C G
There’s a place in Sagola where the seniors hang out…longing for something to eat
C
a wonderful salad …a meal fit for kings… And yes a da lec ta bul treat.
C C7 F
Tables are numbered excitement is building the drawing about to begin
F C G C
Little do they know I paid off the draw lady …we’ll be the first to dig in

F C G C
Please ring that bell we’re hungry as hell did I mention Diane is so cool (so cool)
Please ring that bell we’re hungry as hell and I think i’m beginning to drool

C G
I always thought that old folks were boring…. until… I became one.
G C
New hips and oxygen… doctors and medicaid… every ache under the sun
C C7 F
50……50… and oh yeah there’s bingo… and stories of what’s goin on
F C G C
It beats sittin home …the Mrs. ain’t cookin… and everyone’s havin some fun

1 Like

Those are funny lyrics!

1 Like

Damn, I missed it.

2 Likes

replying to this so you arent the killer of this thread yet again lol

and yes…I missed this one too! There is no point in deleting your song Paul :), you can just leave them on and let it collect feedback over time. Late feedback is still good food for thought!

2 Likes

this is beautiful :slight_smile: the guitar playing is spot on, the panning sounds great, the tone is good.

1 Like

Hey Michelle. Glad you liked it. There is a natural reverb here in this forum room. Must be the lack of visiting people. I am definitely turning into “the thread hog”. I did another song this morning, but was hoping there would be a fresh tune here. It’s corny.

You be you and I will be me

F C Bb C
You are a very good you…but I must always be me
F C Bb C
When you try to be me… and I try to be you
Bb C F
Nobody wins… we lose… being unique

Bb F C F
You be you… and I will be me …we can not pretend …we must disagree
Bb F
You be you… and I will be me
C F
we must be ourselves …if we’re to move on and be free

F C Bb C
Some feel a need… to fight….to prove who’s wrong or right
F C Bb C
Sim…pa…ly try to hold back that …adrenalin first reaction
Bb C F
you might get be repaid …by an af…ter…noon delight Bb C F

1 Like

it happens. I know I am guilty of it too. I generally only visit and read stuff when I am not as busy. Lately, my days are swamped, leaving little to no room for other things. But I have not forgotten any of you!

The one that perplexes me though is why @ReneAsologuitar youtube account was terminated.
He has not posted anything for a long time and I am a bit concerned about what happened. If you are out there, let us know everything is allright!

btw Great song, and catchy lyrics as always Paul :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I had a post awhile back “has anybody seen Rene” and no one replied. I thought maybe he just took some time off, but now the youtube termination. Maybe one of the administrators can come forward with and answer.
What a sweet and talented guy he is.

feaker,
Glad you reposted the song. Sounds very good! Instrumentally, and melody wise, it reminds me of the rock band Heart (this is a compliment!). The nice feaker vocals are not Ann & Nancy Wilson of course, but I could picture them covering your song. :slight_smile:

Hey this is really sweet. I was going to suggest you need to put a stamp on the the hook when the chorus concludes on the “i’m gonna miss you girl” sections by closing the gap between the “you” and “girl”, but then you actually did it at 2:53. I think they all need to be like that in my humble opinion, and even some accents within the instrumentation to highlight those lines would be of benefit too I reckon.
It’s a real nice conclusion to the whole chorus, but feels a little under-capitalized upon in it’s current form.
Great job as always Paul.

EDIT:
Actually upon a bit more reflection this is the hook I was hearing in my head along with a couple of added cymbal crashes where I felt the accents belonged. Hope you don’t mind me fucking with your tune man, it was a bit of an earworm that got stuck in my head that I had to try and convey.

1 Like

Wow what a plus. I’m just not very creative like that. Not sure how you pulled that off, but it sure was cool. Thanks much. I love to go back and tweak after helpful comments. Once again…glad that you came by.

1 Like