I think I am in Love

Wanted to share a finished song @feaker (Paul) and I collaborated on.
“I think I am in Love with you” is a beautiful love song, just in time for Vday!

ps: His voice is going to make you cry! Shoutout to Paul.

Lyrics:
I think I am in love with you

Finally I’m alone with you. It’s taken forever
Where do I begin? What should I say to you? I just don’t know
Stay cool don’t look excited. Can’t let you know I’m shakin inside
I’ve have to tell ya the way I feel. Been holdin back, but I’m gonna try

I think I am in love with you. Crazy maybe, but it’s really true
I think I am in love with you. All I want is to be with you

Oh man what’s happenin I think I’m goin insane since you came my way
Second after second after minute after minute I’ve been thinkin bout you every day

First time I ever saw your face I knew then you were one for me
Didn’t speak didn’t know your name I just knew we were meant to be
cuz i just wanna talk a litlle walk a little hug a little maybe start kissin on you
I just wanna let you know my love for you is gonna grow and I’ll be true I promise
It’s late I’m so tired still thinkin bout you

4 Likes

Nice. Well done both of you. I think i am in love with this song.

1 Like

Very nice, pretty, gentle sounding song.

At first I thought the intro guitars were a bit off timing-wise, but listening back a second time they seem fine. Paul’s voice might sound better than I’ve ever heard it sound. Maybe that’s because of the mix or Feaker might have pulled off a great performance. Speaking of mix…, I really like the mix here. The sparseness is really nice. The strings come in at the right time and add a nice vibe to the song. You got Paul’s (Feaker’s) voice sitting really nicely in the mix and I like the gentle ambient effect you have on it.

Great job, FluteCafe and Feaker!

1 Like

@feaker did a great job singing it. The gentle touches he adds are pretty warm and innocent sounding.
I did the mix and added the orchestral touches. I tried to preserve the originality of the song as much as possible and just added a wee bit of shine and ambient sparkle along with some warm compression. I didnt want to tamper with it anymore as it is too easy to keep adding more and ruin the “thought invoking” sparseness it creates.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback
@Wicked @redworks

3 Likes

Thanks so much for improving my song

1 Like

Dude that song is great and you play a huge part in that. Well done.

2 Likes

Wow, just wow! This is really excellent.

@feaker Paul’s song and vocals are beautifully whimsical as usual, but @FluteCafe Michelle’s additional production, arrangement and mix really take this to the next level. I can really appreciate the extra vocal production and harmony nuances now.

Brilliant job from all involved! :beerbanger:

3 Likes

Thanks to Michelle for pointing this one out. I seem to have missed it the first time around. What a sweet, well written, performed and arranged song! Bravo to both of you! :clap:

1 Like

M,m,m. Love this Paul and Michelle.

Let me just get out of the way my only crit is some easily-editable vocal sibilance.

'Nuf said. Paul, I just love your stuff. Your vocals have never sounded better, man! Very gentle and tender, but simple. Something in the lyrics reminds me of Ed Sheeran’s beautiful lyrical tenderness. But it’s got a little bit of that old British sound from years ago. Just love this.

Michelle, your touches are so perfect.

Nicely done.

Sorry I missed this. Thanks @miked for commenting on this a YEAR LATER! :slight_smile:
I’d have missed in altogether.

Just wow.

@flutecafe
@feaker

1 Like

I missed this one too. It is a great collaboration. Feak’s voice is perfect for the arrangement, and Michelle adds just the right touch to bring everything out. I like how the violin plays one less note than I would think it would throughout: evidence of well thought orchestration. Simplicity can be deep.

1 Like