I need a mix fix

Be careful, it’s not fun.

Oh, I’ve no doubt about that. Get well soon, mate.

1 Like

Please keep us posted Paul. How long ago did you catch it? 80% of patients don’t go critical, so I am crossing every finger and toe that you stay in that group!

Keeping my karma generator on maximum warp on your behalf. Get well soon my friend.

1 Like

That is the real problem know when. I have had breathing problems for a bout a week This new Monoclonal antibiodies really knows it down but only works in the first ten days. How is one supposed to know. I just bought a pulse ox to monitor my oxygen level for $30. Battery opperated works well.
I also found out I have sleep apnea. As soon as i would drift off the hospital monitor would sound an alarm and it would read 85 or so. I would deep breath and in a few seconds it would come back indicating (to me) that I stop breathing. I have two brothers that have apnea and they don’t go anywhere without there c-pap machine. I will get tested too. Trying albuterol tonight so I can sleep a bit. Got zero hours last night. karma is good…thanks

1 Like

My wife has severe apnea as well, and has been on a c-pap (now a bi-pap – helps both the inhale and the exhale) for almost fifteen years now. Those machines have gotten a whole lot better in terms of being less invasive and uncomfortable.

My android phone has a health app that includes pulse ox, uses a little light that’s part of the camera flash unit to take the reading. In a good number of patients, pulse ox is the first significant sign, dropping into the 80s or even lower before any other hint to the patient that anything is amiss. So that’s a good thing to be monitoring.

Do take care Paul… if things get suddenly worse, don’t wait, call the docs and get their advice. Really pulling for you here.

2 Likes

feaker,
I used to be able to hear at least one ultra-sonic alarm system long ago (very unpleasant); something normal people are not supposed to hear. Anyway, I hear some high frequencies, but nothing terribly unusual. Maybe a bit more high frequencies than you usually have. Audio quality is still pretty good. Nice song; I hope the lyrical content was not inspired by a recent event. The vocals fit the mood. Nice guitar riffs. Nice job!

2 Likes