I hate to bother you all with this computer/recording issue

The book doesn’t do it justice. :wink: :grin:

You can set in Preferences how often to Save a session.

It does seem like you need to see if your computer is stable first, work out any of those issues. After that, I can tell you that moving from Pro Tools to Reaper completely kicked my ass for awhile. It took me several years of transition, and I experienced the same old girlfriend/new girlfriend thing … except in DAW-land. As to the human version, I’d have to start a new thread for that … :joy:

3 Likes

The machine was turned off to updates up until this glitchy thing started with Sonar. It is updated now but I think it’s, like Stan said, probably the computer and not the programs at this point. The sad thing is the computer seems fine with everything except DAWs. I think it is time to get a new computer.

I didn’t realize that you have have multiple interfaces on a computer at the same time. Is that how it is with you or are you just saying you have another two on hand?

Yeah, I need to set it sooner. I never really had Sonar crash on me so I am not used to thinking in that mode. I was just messing with sounds and nothing serious for the first few days on Reaper so I wasn’t too concerned. Slowly I started creating music on Reaper and I should of been more careful.

1 Like

May I suggest you never try Harrison Mixbus. That DAW crashes more often than a hypoglycemic vegetarian.

Yes, I actually have three different working interfaces in the one machine. I can switch between them at will. For example, I switch to using the M-Audio 24/96 because it has RCA inputs and allows me to digitize old live cassette recordings or vinyl. I mostly use the TC Konnekt6 but I can choose to record via the PODxt. I’m not sure if multiple interfaces would be highly recommended, but I’ve not experienced a problem. They do only operate one at a time. I cannot record via the TC and the POD simultaneously, for example.

1 Like

Very cool.

Unfortunately Windows does not allow multiple ASIO drivers to operate simultaneously.
Mac OS does support an aggregate function that allows a person to create a mix of various interface I/O and use them concurrently.

1 Like