I got by with a little help from our friend Dave

Great song, Paul! And well recorded guitar, Dave! Really cool collaboration! :smiley:
As to places where to post it, Iā€™d say the usual suspects: Bandcamp, SoundCloud, ReverbNation (not a huge fan of this one, but people are using it), and I would recommend put it on your own website!
And if you want to find where to send it (radios, blogs, etc.), I have a page on my website that lists a bunch of indie-friendly ā€œpartnersā€: https://ghostlybeard.com/unsigned-partners
Hope this helps! :beerbanger:

3 Likes

Hi ptaly Been awhile :wink: My goal way back then was to hear one of my songs, one time, played on the radio. ha ha I guess when this is all over, I could also think back that it could have been golf and I didnā€™t rise to the top there either. I love this because it is fun and it challenges my mind. I appreciate your taking the time to list all of these. I am only on soundcloud and I donā€™t have much of a following there. I will check these out. But wait, I am in the middle of a new songā€¦best to you

1 Like

Great to see you Patrick!

1 Like

Hey @Chordwainer Dave! No, Iā€™m not dead (yet! :joy:). I just released a new video for my latest single, ā€œPeace of Mindā€ (donā€™t we all need that these days, eh? :wink:)

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot to be said when you can just listen to a songā€™s message without thinking of ā€œthe productionā€, etc. Very well done both of you. Itā€™s got a little Simon and Garfunkel vibe - maybe the chord progression? Regardless, itā€™s a timely and moving piece. Thanks to both of you!

1 Like

Really nice, proves that less is more and that authenticity is gold.

S

2 Likes

Hi Mike Glad you could just sit back and listen to the story. My timing was off a little with the acoustic, but Dave being right on time, kinda buttered over my mutt notes. Timely and moving are great compliments. Thanks bud

Hi Sven Less is more works for those who donā€™t have the more part :slight_smile: Many times I have muted tracks not to hear any difference and think why am I keeping that track. I hit delete track and move on. thanks for the listen

Such a big sound and your voice is so soothing and clear. The chorus actually works without a lift. Awesome visual. Loved it and thanks for posting it

Love it Patrick! Well done! :sunglasses:

Thanks Paul! Glad you like it. The chorus is actually in a minor key while the verses are in a major key, I thought this provided the needed contrast (kind of a lift in reverse! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Glad you like it too, Mike! :+1:

feaker (and Dave),
Thank you for the review! Now your song: guitars sound great! Vocals are very nice. Audio quality is excellent. I got goose-bumps at one point (huge compliment). Overall, I think this is one of your best songs & records. Excellent job! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there, feakmeister. You already heard it from everyone in this thread, and now youā€™re gonna hear it from me.

Beautiful, beautiful song. Love the guitars (I always love your guitar work!). But on this song, your vocals sell it. Your vocals always sound good, but on this piece especially, I hear your passion, your heart. You didnā€™t just ā€œsingā€ but there was such gutsy, ā€œPaulā€ in this song. Oh, and your vocals sounded solid down low, BTW.

Not just a song. This was a message.

Donā€™t do anything more to it. Itā€™s finished. And itā€™s precious. Might be one of my favorites. You are leaving your mark and making an impact on peoplesā€™ lives with music like this, old friend.

Blessings, man!

1 Like

Hi Tes friend. Seems like everyone is getting to know each other a little better all the time. There is a lot of talent hangin round these parts. Speaking of low singing. I capoā€™d that song up a few nights ago and it was so easy to sing that way. I should have thought of that. I donā€™t sing much when our band plays anymore. Just higher harmonies. My buddy likes the spotlight. He has LSD (lead singer disease)
I think it would be fun to start a community song with just one acoustic pushed hared right and a dry vocal down the middle. List the bpmā€™s, and stand back and have folks start supplying tracks. Drums, Bass, strings, keys, hard left guitar (an or replace the original right). I am working on one now that could qualify. ha ha Just a crazy thought that I donā€™t think anyone has tried. It is most often other peoples stuff? Best to you

1 Like

I almost spat my coffee when I read this! :laughing:

And Iā€™m proud to be part of this outstanding composition. Thanks again Paul for the opportunity to contribute!

2 Likes

You were the cement and I was the coarse aggregate within:)

Wow sh**! It sounds superb to me! I really like the feeling and the ambiance from it.
I canā€™t really find something to compare to but it has some power as some Bob Dylanā€™ songs: it sounds simple, it says a lot, not so much lyrics, no shooting despite the topicā€¦
Congrats for being able to do that and for sharing this masterpiece (I do think so)

1 Like