I finished that recent song I had posted about the ending of the pandemic

Hi Mr golden ear. I changed this because I was considering re-joining Taxi. They had a listing that was asking for a pandemic song that had an uplifting and hopeful vibe. I was involved there for a few years, but failed. I had 3,250 posts etc. ha ha I ran it by old friends there a couple of weeks ago and they were not impressed. So, I am still not ready for the big stage.
You do have a good ear hearing the delay I put on the vox. Not sure how to describe it. I hit analog delay, then medium delay. It shows 16 % and I cut it back to like 6. I have no idea what I am doing as you already know.
Old dog new tricks…perfect
thank you once again
Paul

All good. You may have misunderstood me. I didn’t mention vibrato, that was Aaron. I also am very happy with the drums, I wouldn’t change them at all except for maybe volume in the bridge or something to add to the intensity of that section.
I wouldn’t say playing them live is lazy, in fact the opposite to using EZ drummer.

My first bass was like that. I had no issue with it as I knew no different. It wasn’t until I upgraded then I found a massive difference. I have only upgraded to an extent last week, after 20 years with my previous bass.
I had no qualms about how you did your song, mix or anything, just had the thought about the drums in the bridge. Love the song man, great job.

1 Like

Hey. I can’t even remember what I ate yesterday. I guess it was aaron about the vibrato. I will go in and spiff up the drums in that bridge. good catch
Like to know what bass you purchased. My wife recently gave me a green light on anything I want to buy. She walked out one morning and said " I know you don’t know much about our money situation, but quite frankly, we can’t spend it all in our lifetime" ha ha I was a school teacher and she invested half of each of the checks. 52 years with that gal.

1 Like

This came out really great Paul! I love your delivery. It feels very raw and genuine. Your vocal FX are spot on. Nothing at all distracting in the mix either! Great and catchy chorus. Very well done!

I know you’re “done”, but I could hear a distant guitar solo come in for the last chorus or the bridge to really bring it home. Not needed, but yeah, that’d be cool! :sunglasses:
Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Mike. Send me that solo and I will split the profits with you on this big money maker. Songs are never done are they bud??? In fact I have a rocker song I just started that I need a solo for it like right now. I might try tonight, but I suck at that. Nice to hear from ya

1 Like

Haha! It was a “backseat” producer suggestion… :grin:

yoda
A guitar player, I am not.

1 Like

I picked up a Fender Jazz. It’s been really nice to play with a thinner neck as my previous and only other bass was a 5 string.
I’m a teacher too! What did you teach? Sounds like you have yourself a wonderful woman.

1 Like

I like the hook on the chorus. Covid has affected so many lives. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

You have a fine woman there, Paul, probably accounts for how much you devote attention to your musical concepts.

And this is another very lovely song, and lyrically so pertinent to today’s situation.

I’m glad you’re back in Galveston(?) and have your studio back. Aside from the occasional hurricane when you just get out of town and dodge it, living near the beach is a dream come true.

Thanks for sharing! We should make a playlist or album of all the pandemic songs here. There’s probably a dozen.

1 Like

Thanks Steban I stay here in Michigan and head South to near Houston in December. I have small studios in both locations but more stuff here in Michigan. I might put completely different lyrics to this one when I can come up with a story?