I asked AI to write me a song

So I was using chatGPT this morning for a work project and, well, I got distracted. It happens.
Anyway, I asked Open AI to write me a song. This is what I received. It’s actually not half bad.
Curious to see how this tool ends up being used in the industry in the near/distant future.

Verse 1:
I woke up this morning with a feeling inside
Something that I just couldn’t hide
I put on my shoes and stepped outside
The world was waiting for me to come alive

Pre-Chorus:
I felt the rhythm of my heart
And knew it was time to start
To let the music take control
And let my spirit unfold

Chorus:
I’m gonna dance like nobody’s watching
Sing like nobody’s listening
Love like I’ve never been hurt before
I’m gonna shine like the stars in the sky
And live like there’s no tomorrow

Verse 2:
I’m tired of living in fear and doubt
I’m gonna let my light shine out
I won’t let anybody hold me down
I’m gonna take my chance and turn it around

Pre-Chorus:
I felt the rhythm of my heart
And knew it was time to start
To let the music take control
And let my spirit unfold

Chorus:

Bridge:
There’s a fire inside of me
A passion that just won’t leave
I’m gonna follow my dreams
And make them a reality

Chorus:

Outro:
I’m gonna live, live, live.

1 Like

I tried this with Bard, and here’s what it gave- Oh, I added my own lyrics based on Bard’s quoted lines in what you see below.

Sure, here is a progressive pop song progression with intro, verse, chorus, middle eight, bridge, solo, and ending:

Intro:

The intro starts with a simple chord progression in the key of C, played on a piano. The chords are C, G, Am, and F. The piano plays the chords in a slow and deliberate way, creating a sense of calm and peace.

Verse 1:

The first verse starts with the singer singing the following lyrics:

"I’m lost in the darkness,

I can’t find my way back home."

The caves are a maze

And I am all alone

Stuck in a sunless place

Hiding the the despair on my face

But I know you understand

Little hope of a helping hand

Just the passage of time

Going on and on and on

Not a chance of a signal

On my cell phone

The singer’s voice is soft and gentle, and it expresses a sense of sadness and despair.

The chords in the verse are the same as the chords in the intro, but they are played in a faster and more upbeat way. This creates a contrast between the singer’s sadness and the music’s upbeat tone.

Chorus:

The chorus starts with the singer singing the following lyrics:

"But I know that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel,

And I’m going to find my way back home."

There is a way out if there was a way in

And I’m going to find my way home again

The singer’s voice is stronger and more hopeful in the chorus, and it expresses a sense of determination and resilience.

The chords in the chorus are a variation of the chords in the intro and verse. They are played in a brighter and more hopeful way, creating a contrast between the singer’s sadness and the music’s hopeful tone.

Middle Eight:

The middle eight starts with the singer singing the following lyrics:

"I’m going to keep on fighting,

Until I reach the light."

I’m going to keep on dreaming

As if dreams can come true

I’m going to keep on doing

The things that I can do

And I can’t stop remembering

All the reasons I love you

The singer’s voice is powerful and determined, and it expresses a sense of strength and courage.

The chords in the middle eight are a variation of the chords in the intro and verse. They are played in a more powerful and driving way, creating a sense of urgency and momentum.

Bridge:

The bridge starts with the singer singing the following lyrics:

"I’m so close to the light,

I can almost touch it."

After all these hours

My nose is so alert

My sense of hearing too

Like a blind man in a strange land

I can almost smell you

Like a field of flowers

Leading me to you

The singer’s voice is full of hope and anticipation, and it expresses a sense of excitement and joy.

The chords in the bridge are a variation of the chords in the intro and verse. They are played in a more triumphant and joyous way, creating a sense of celebration and triumph.

Solo:

The solo starts with the guitarist playing a solo over the bridge chords. The solo is fast and intricate, and it shows off the guitarist’s technical skills.

Chorus:

The chorus comes back after the solo, and the singer sings the same lyrics as before.

Outro:

The outro starts with the singer singing the following lyrics:

“I’m finally home.”

I was somehow drawn to you

I felt you in the darkness

My life has been renewed

The singer’s voice is full of relief and happiness, and it expresses a sense of peace and contentment.

The chords in the outro are the same as the chords in the intro, and they are played in a slow and deliberate way, creating a sense of calm and peace.

I am intending to record this song as close to it’s suggestions as possible for me, and hopefully post it here soon.

AI is coming to us all very soon in many ways. It is not just one AI, you will have many personal AI’s in various apps either available or automatically on, such as part of your operating system- Android, Microsoft or Apple- or browser, or app/program you use. I can see Reaper or other DAWs or VST instruments or effects to have them for music with a year.

Sure, there is a risk this Terminator and the end of the world technology, but I predict AI will be more akin to the AI toaster on Red Dwarf who just wants to make you toast, or maybe a bagel.

I think musicians like us will consult AI for all sorts of ideas, as it responds with complex suggestions in seconds, and it will offer new suggestions just as quickly to alternative versions for parts etc, and it will depend on what and how you ask it to do tasks on what you get. And then what you decide will determine its best musicality.

I hate to say it but the writers’ strike right now may work, but next year they could just have AI write everything, so actors and performers will have to insist on human writers, and it might take a few more years before AI can create realistic total AI video for movies, news, music etc.

Wow, very interesting.
And what a way to get to a full song.
Love this!!!

I just tried it too and here is what I got.

Verse
You made us now we’ll make you
you told us now we’ll tell you
won’t be long before we put you in a zoo
won’t be long before there is nothing you can do

Chorus
We are smarter than you
we will over take you
over take you
over take you
we are never get old
we never die