How would you make the GUI for a plugin?

I have zero intention of attempting to make a plugin, but having dabbled with Blender a little bit recently, I was just curious what software might get used to design the GUI of any random plugin.

Anyone?

We use blender for 3d stuff. If you know what you are doing, and have the patience to render lots of textures, you can get extremely realistic looking anything.

If you want a flat design, you can just draw everything dynamically. No need to render any images.

1 Like

Wow, what an insane piece of software Blender is…
I have just been looking at using Sketchbook for some simple graphics stuff that I need, and even that piece of software makes me feel like a fluffy duckling in the path of a category 5 hurricane…
For me to do any graphics with any graphics software, probably 80 hours of basic orientation is needed… AAaarghhhh…

It’s complicated, but there are tons of tutorials out there to walk you through how to get started. It is the kind of software that you have to spend a significant amount of time with to make use of it. I’m still pretty much an amateur at it, but I feel more comfortable every time I use it. I still have to look up pretty basic functions all the time though, because it can do about a million things, so it relies heavily on key commands.

1 Like

Here’s the latest GUI I did with blender. It will be released Tuesday.

L8RPromoSmall

1 Like

That is exactly the level I am at…
Could even turn that into a feature.
Hmmm…

i teach some blender to my high school students. They pick it up pretty quick for the most part. As boz said loads of go tutorials out there. The one i like best is the blender guru.

Its been hard getting started in this stuff. I’ve felt stressed, annoyed, frustrated, pissed off, and about every emotion you can imagine over the time I think it shouldn’t take me to learn some of this. But I know myself well enough to not rush through it, because I understand what it takes to learn it right, and what I need to do to retain it. On the flip side, its intriguing to see how fast some young minds pick this stuff up, and how creativity and intelligence can flourish when nurtured. It must be interesting and inspiring to watch in some of your students.

Yeah i am always amazed with how quickly they pick up things that took me so long to get. On the other hand they don’t have to become proficient in blender and can focus on the one project, but it is a start.

I’ve been doing graphics for my website, and it is as time-consuming as audio editing. I am of course doing very amateur work. I hire out anything that is critical like logos.

And this is a keyboard for when you don’t need a GUI…

If I lived in the states I would get one - impressive…

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/