Home studio vs Pro studio - a distinction without a difference?

No way! I cannot believe i didnt recognise him! Hes older than i thought.
Still no excuse for the waistcoat though! Lol

remove

[quote=“LazyE, post:13, topic:581”]
my studio is gradually gaining more bags of shite from shopping sprees and the odd toy dinosaur or weird abandoned childs toys than it is audio gear.
[/quote] i found this funny then posted something without the quote…still getting used to this new posting.

just my experience it seemed soon the “kids” passed me up and were using the gear much more than me. now the writing he does is even better and much more energetic…

2 Likes

My home studio bar is well stocked. In means that when recording I could get away with it not being as pretty for vistors. However the end result may only be appealing when the glass hasn’t reached empty.

1 Like

[quote=“BigAlRocks, post:9, topic:581”]
I’ve actually been given permission to turn our garage into some sort of studio as long as the queen can park her car in there during snowy conditions. Now all I have to do is get the inspiration to clean out the garage and finish finishing the inside walls. I’m already tired just thinking about it.[/quote]

The wife is leaving tomorrow for a week long cruise so I am on vacation for a week. While I won’t even begin to tackle the garage, I have every intention of clearing out the “catch all” room that I use to record my podcast and get it set up for my tempor-permanent home studio.

1 Like

Do you have a link to your podcast ?

1 Like

[quote=“JayGee, post:26, topic:581, full:true”]
Do you have a link to your podcast ?[/quote]

I sure do. This podcast is three old guys (I’m the youngest) talking music. Occasionally we have a guest.

http://www.agesofrock.com/

4 Likes

Woah. Had no idea Tom was now a proud ‘home studio owner’!!!

haha. Forgot about this thread lol. Bump :wink:

The me the discerning difference is that the Professional Studio is a place where there is a gate on the property with a code, receptionist and the place locks, the phones turn off, i.e. no distractions.

Home studio - someone could always barge in, a dog, a kid, a wife…unless you’re Bon Jovi, then the missus probably thinks $$$$ and doesn’t walk in there unless she carrying a sandwich :slight_smile:

1 Like

HAHA! Funny thing is that I can mess with DI recordings all day and Mrs. Big Al and the dogs (4 of them) never make a sound. The minute I plug in that condenser mic, it sounds like they’re having a damn party in the other room.

2 Likes

that reminds me a article I read Phil Collins…his wife had his shit moved to the back room but when he started making huge money she was cool with his gear in the main room.

interesting shutdown of South Beach Studios…Blackwell.

reminiscent of Apple Records and the Beatles going broke, money flowing out , people making salaries and doing nothing…a free fall of a business model.

“despite solid bookings in the studio…they were losing money since 2000”

had a high paid chef who did nothing…lol
http://hotel-online.com/News/PR2004_3rd/Jul04_BlackwellMarlin.html

1 Like