Hey Boz... you have a website issue you may want to look at

Hey man. I was poking around on your website and I noticed something.

This is what my browser looks like when I first sign into your site

For a new visitor, intuitively, your first click is here:

I don’t think you realized that on these first four pages, several plugins including your 10db package and Sasquatch do not appear as options. This made me and a couple others here (on an earlier thread) think that you had discontinued Sasquatch and the 10db set.

Next I tried clicking here.

…and it gives you the same thing.

I realized the only way to access the 10db and Sasquatch is by clicking this little plus icon which is almost impossible to find, because its a separate link from the ‘plugins’.

NOW -see thing whole library

Again, the problem is the ‘+’ symbol is hard to find. I’d say do 2 things:

1. make the ‘plugins’ dropdown menu on the left bar automatically open the whole menu AND NOT bring you to the plugins page. So remove the + that opens the folder dropdown menu, and make the folder dropdown menu open automatically when someone clicks plugins.
  2. Add the 10db/Hoser/Sasquatch to the bests sellers plugin PAGE unless you are trying to avoid those getting bought because you want to phase them out.

Even though it says “Best Selling Plugins” - its not obvious that there are more, since the list of ‘best sellers’ is four pages deep.

…if you haven’t sold many of those lately, that could easily be a reason why :slight_smile:

1 Like

gaah. I know. I told the web designer I didn’t like it because it’s too hidden, and it’s been nearly impossible to get her to actually go back in and make changes after she finished. I hate hiring people for jobs like this.

The whole project of redoing my website last year turned out to be sort of one big disappointment. It’s a whole bunch of half baked ideas that never really pulled together because it’s nearly impossible to get a team of people to actually look at the big picture and make decisions accordingly. Now I’m just ranting because you reminded me of how annoyed I am about the whole thing.

I’ve been trying to find a way to do that. Actually, I’ve been thinking of doing it, and every time I think about it, I get distracted with something else.

I’ll do that. Actually, I have to rearrange everything for black friday anyway, so I’ll be doing that today.

Boz, other comments on the website. I found a bunch of other things for your web designer to look at when you get them.

I had the same results under Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.09

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product-category/impact/
Says Showing all 9 results, but only shows Big Clipper, Gatey Watey, Transgressor, The Wall, Manic Compressor
Of course there are only 7 things on the plugins tone sidebar
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product-category/tone/
Says showing all 7 results but only shows T-bone, Little Foot, Bark of Dog.
Of course there are only 5 things on the plugins tone sidebar
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product-category/space/
says showing all 6 results, it does properly show Pan Knob, Provactive, Width Knob, Imperial Delay.,

Panipulator, Mongoose
However the sidebar doesn’t list the Provactive, but it does list the Patner Stero Manipulator, and the L8r

(which isn’t in alphabetical order like the others)

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product-category/bozbendeth/
This says showing all 8 results. But displays nothing/
The sidebar has 7 items
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product-category/free/
Sidebar is missing the Guitar Pickup Selector

I think somewhere they changed the code to display to display less items on a page, but the system thinks it is showing 12, because even when you list them all

Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 5 items)
Page 2 Showing 13–24 of 37 results (shows 5 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 6 items)
Page 4 Showing 37–37 of 37 results (shows 1 item)

changed sort to popularity

Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 8 items)
Page 2 Showing 13–24 of 37 results (shows 8 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 1 item)
Page 4 Showing 37–37 of 37 results (shows 0 item)

changed sort to average rating
Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 7 items)
Page 2 Showing 13–24 of 37 results (shows 9 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 1 item)

changed sort to latest
Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 5 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 6 item)

changed sort to low to high
Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 7 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 5 item)

changed sort to high to low
Page 1 Showing 1–12 of 37 results (Shows 4 items)
Page 2 Showing 13–24 of 37 results (shows 6 items)
Page 3 Showing 25–36 of 37 results (shows 6 item)

1 Like

I will have someone take a look at that. I remember there was some conflicting issue where when that was fixed, it broke something else, but it’s been a while and I don’t remember what it was.