Here's a sweet little home studio for ya!

I always love seeing how people have their little creative cribs set up. This one was pretty neat when you see the camera pan around the recording area. And I didn’t realize Vince Gill has won that many Grammies. A couple of them are probably Amy Grants.

2 Likes

Actually I think those are all his. 21 Wins.

Neat recording area.

The title of that video though… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Wow. I didn’t look at how many they have…so basically they ran out of room on the shelf?? Thats insane. Yup. He has 21, Amy Grant has 7. I had no idea Vince had won that many of those things! Yay for google.

Yeah, I know, I clicked on it for the same reason. And because I respect Vince and Amy. I pretty much kept watching when I saw that Neve console in the back.

You see commercial studios all over the internet, because everyone posts pictures of them for obvious reasons. The home studios like this one are equally interesting to me.

Ran out of space, or had a few out for polishing? grin

Kind of crazy.

Preach sister! I hate, hate, HATE that clickbait shit. Drives me insane. I won’t click on anything titled that way.

1 Like

Is he wearing boxers?

That guitar he has there is like a cannon

Vince Gill picked up a guitar and what happened next was remarkable…

…he played it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that title. It would only be remarkable if you didn’t think he couldn’t play before you saw that video.

I thought the Neve desk was remarkable! :smiley:

Its wierd he walks around in his underwear and no shoes with guests in the house…but maybe hes just that comfortable with himself.

damn thats a lot of grammys$$$$$… a lot of screeching neck-string movement, …not very good audio? I guess Im picky…no pun intended.

I bet it sounded better live and in that room.

Does he keep all his guitars detuned when they are not being played? Or did he just have them in an alternate tuning?

Well if he keeps all his guitars tuned is that the first hour of every day in that studio? There were a few guitars there.
I’d rather spend my morning making sure all my recording gear was in good shape and let someone else deal with tuning the instruments.