Hello from new user

Hi

I don’t really remember how I heard about this forum, but I joined to try my hand at mixing the recording contest track.

I’ve been a writing and performing for 40-ish years and I’ve futzed around with recording for the past 25+ (8-track and 24-track analoge in a college recording/engineering class around 1990, 4-track cassette home recording until through the mid-2000s, then Cubase SX3 and it’s successors), but I’m just an amateur who hopes to eventually stop futzing and actually finish a CD.

I’m looking forward to learning from this community!
-evan

1 Like

Hey Evan, glad you found your way here. Welcome!

1 Like

Hey Evan! Welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome Evan! Great to have you here. I’m looking forward to hearing your work. I’d love to hear some of your own projects!

1 Like

Evan,

Welcome. Glad you found us.

1 Like

@evanwood , Welcome to our awesome community! If you need help, just ask. If you can offer some help, dive on in!

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to reading and listening from you!

1 Like

Welcome Evan! Glad to have you with us, and sounds like you have a lot of great experience to lend to the discussions. Looking forward to learning from you as you proceed to de-futzify. (Yes, that’s a word. Well, it is now.)

Please consider adding your locale to our Membership Map, which you can read about here:

http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/membership-map-please-add-your-location/486?u=chordwainer&source_topic_id=605
1 Like

Thanks, and … Done!

2 Likes

Hello! I’m new also :slight_smile: Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Hi evanwood :smiley:
New here myself, and the place looks great !!!

1 Like

Issues with the map:

1. Could not find Pennsylvania ( If i don’t see borders i don’t know )
  2. How do you fricking add the pin?

If you click the + button on the map, it will zoom in, and when it does, you can see the state borders.

To add the pin, if you are not signed in to a Google account, just click on Edit at the top of the panel that should be on the left side of the map. When you do that, you’ll then see the little toolbar up top that has a Pin icon, and clicking that allows you to place a pin.

Hope this helps! I added these instructions to the Map thread too.

Hey and welcome Im new as well :slight_smile: see you around.