"Hello boys, I'm ba-aaack!" \m/

I thought that sounded familiar…

Thanks Bryan! I’ve been trying to get my spurs in the stirrups and my steed out to the range for a spell before takin’ a dive into a fancy contest. :wink: Good to see things up and running so quickly though … just like the old days of Slate Digital Contest, I reckon.

Yeah, there was a lot of good in the Slate contests, but I think we’ll keep it limited to individual contests rather than a long-running thing like that. lol. Seems like it took the wind out of the sails of quite a few on there as it progressed.

We’re planning to have different types of contests too. Vocals, guitars, songwriting, etc. The plan is to grow beyond just mixing and recording. Although, that will still be a big deal. :wink:

How are things going for you?

Oh

Well, strictly speaking, that was Geordi LaForge lingo, but it’s all good! :alien:

Bonus points for the virtual Texan drawl you busted out there though! :cow: :boy:

Hey! Stan the man!

Welcome!!

:sunglasses:

Ha, thanks.

Thank you FD!

Let me know if you have any questions as you’re using the site. There is a thread on here of some of the features I’ve come across along the way. Lots of coolness!

Nice to see so many familiar faces, welcome Stan!

1 Like

Thanks Bryan, so far I’m getting around okay, but I’ll be reading anything helpful for sure. And I will let you know if there is something I can’t figure out.

Thanks Kent for the welcome! Yes, it’s like “being home” again, or like not that much changed from RR. I’m actually very pleased and excited to see much more engagement here from past RR members who didn’t seem to be active or engaged on that site the last year or so.

3 Likes

I think the way this forum software is designed and implemented actively promotes and enables this kind of heightened engagement and interaction. The old format now seems so static to me…

I gave up a good year ago on RR. This was the next step, and a great step at that!!

4 Likes

Cool, it sounds nice!!

:mans_shoe::toilet::bike::telescope::rooster::surfer::ribbon::smile_cat::champagne::hourglass_flowing_sand::cyclone::fireworks::drums2::maple_leaf::mouse::cherries::jack_o_lantern::checkered_flag::ambulance::crystal_ball::cheers::baby_bottle::beerbang:

2 Likes

Ha, thanks David @electriclight! I don’t know that I ‘get’ the baby bottle, but I’m definitely interpreting that “leaf” to be what I want it to be. :smirk:

Emoji overload! This place has the biggest emoji collection I have ever seen!

You must always warm the baby’s bottle…

1 Like

Hi Stan Yeah, it went from candle lighting here to nuclear in just a few days. Looks like it will be fun. Glad to see ya:)

Sincerely

Paul

Ahhhh, now that makes me feel all WARM inside.

Thanks Paul! Yes it’s great to see most of the old gang, and many newcomers too!