Has anyone used the TC PolyTune plugin?

I know there are a lot of free options available but this tuner looks interesting. I’ve read some good things about their hardware PolyTune tuners but I’ve never tried one. TC has the plugin version on sale for $10 through August 21, 2017 so it seems like there’s not a lot to lose :slight_smile: Just thought I’d see if anyone here has an experience / opinion on this thing.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune-plug-in/

I have the hardware version on my pedal board - it is excellent.

I decided that I’d give it a try so I picked up a copy of the TC PolyTune plugin. It works quite well and to me it seems a bit more ‘stable’ (not as jumpy) and easier to read than some of the freebies that are out there. It has standard adjustments for instrument (guitar and bass) as well as reference pitch and also handles a number of flat tuning options.

The plugin functions as a standard chromatic tuner with both ‘needle’ and ‘stream’ visual displays. Of course, the polyphonic feature is where it differs from others. Strum all strings and it gives a nice display of the tuning of all strings at once. The display even features two color sets… red/green and blue/yellow.

The installer appeared to have VST2, VST3 and AAX options for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. I tried the VST3 64-bit version in Reaper 5. I would not have sprung for the $50 regular price but for 10 bucks I think it was well worth it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like