Has anybody had their guitar plek'd?

I’d heard of this but I don’t know anything about it. As I understand it they have set up a CNC machine to do a fret job and set up on a guitar. Seems to be getting good reviews, what do you think?

2 Likes

Cool insight into the engineering aspect behind luthier type stuff. About 10:00 he uses some of the data to determine truss rod adjustments. At 20:00 he talks about price: $225 if they do the PLEK, $35 if they put it on the machine, scan it, and determine it doesn’t need a PLEK. I think they include a PLEK with the sale of a guitar from their store (probably a minimum purchase price involved).

I’ve had enough luthier work and setups done to realize even knowledgeable luthiers don’t always get it right. I’m impressed with the technological aspect. Of course, the day may be soon coming when an AI chip comes inside your guitar, much like all cars have computer brains. A simple wire harness and plug will connect it to your iPad and tell you how to adjust things yourself, or tell the luthier. The futuristic version of “plug and play.” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No, but I do fret when I get my nut filed

2 Likes

I like how at 2:00 he shows how they do a traditional fret job to compare with the plek process. A lot of room for error with the old way.

1 Like

Wow, very impressive.
Rene