Haha. Ethan Winer is making money scamming scammers! lol

Anyone see this??

http://ethanwiner.com/telemarketers.htm?fbclid=IwAR0UxOs3JhpHg6QwzMQ44bGUyIU1x62LBwqHe3OuMjmfnQGVwjEi6ecib7M

4 Likes

This is awesome. I am so ticked at these obnoxious calls, and the quantity of these crap calls, Iā€™ve considered changing my phone #. I no longer answer calls if I donā€™t recognize the # but then I occasionally miss important calls.

Sounds like a lot of hassle to get $100, but Iā€™m thinking this might be therapeutic for me! Hah! I might just try it. Give me a new hobby (and a paying hobby at that!) for when I need a break from my music!

Nice. Ethan is amazing. Thanks, Jonathan!

Love it!

FTGF

1 Like

That really is pretty great. I do wonder though if there are not possible legal gray areas of threatening to report someone unless they give you money.

1 Like

One of my all-time favourite bands - and their best album!

2 Likes

Itā€™s so weird seeing non-Canadians that love Triumphā€¦ I grew up on them and assumed, like most other Canadian bands, that nobody outside of the country really know who they were. Awesome bandā€¦ always thought Rik Emmett was a criminally underrated guitar player.

1 Like

Oh yeah, they became big in the States for at least a few of their albums. The more commercial sounding stuff got airplay, though hard core rockers know their earlier albums too. Rik was definitely awesome (still is AFAIK), and Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Machine was a testament to that.

Couldnā€™t agree more, and when you combine that talent with his vocals (eat your heart out Geddy Lee) and his awesome songwriting skills, how much more is he underrated?

*The above comment is equally applicable to Dave Meniketti but thatā€™s probably for a new thread.

For me, one of the best songs ever by anyone at any time. This song should be the anthem for this forum.

1 Like

Oh oh, Iā€™m gonna get a shit kicking from you guysā€¦Iā€™m Canadian and I donā€™t care much for Triumph. My favourite album of theirs is Thunder Seven. Rik Emmett really is a good guitarist though, but his singing is irritating to me. It sounds soft and weak to me. Gil Moore had a much more powerful, solid voice in my opinion. I prefer RUSH over Triumph any dayā€¦Cā€™mon guys, be easy on me ! :cry:

Meniketti had a strong voice and was an excellent guitarist. Iā€™m a big fan of one of their albums. Mean Streak ! I saw some recent footage of Y&T playing a show and was really impressed with Meniketti.

We need to start a thread on the topic of Canadian bands. :partying_face:

2 Likes

I still love Triumph but if I had to choose which bandā€™s catalog to get stranded on a desert island withā€¦ Rush all-day every day :smiley:

1 Like

I really like that one too, especially ā€œSpellboundā€.

I like them both, and they hold great memories for me - I saw both of them in concert many years ago (not at the same time of course).

1 Like