Goodbye gearslitz

Nice! I am orginally from clawson. I used to hang at rustbelt in royal oak all the time you ever go there? Al Sutton is the owner.

I do occasionally gig in Greenville, havent in like a year. Jazz scene in Asheville is good. Not many players, but good ones and tons of work. Could be better in the concert jazz department though…

What video games did you work on?! Too cool.

T

I used to work at the United Methodist Church in Clawson. I can’t even remember the names of some of the Royal Oak Clubs. Honestly, I spent more time in the downtown area, but this is before it started to fall apart and go into decline. How long ago did you leave Detroit? I played and hung out at so many of those places, we pretty easily may have crossed paths. I left 14 years ago - I’d hit up places like the Buzz Bar, Berts, Jazz Loft, and some of those places that had improv jazz sit in nights.

My latest big release was Ghost Giant - by Zoink, released for Playstation VR.

Hey, welcome Taylor! Glad to have you here, and I’m sure you’ll find lots of good interactions with this find bunch.

Here’s the membership map thread that Mike referred to… it hasn’t been updated in a while but it’s just a Google selve-service page…

http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/membership-map-please-add-your-location/486

Welcome!

1 Like