Georgy Girl, The Seekers 1966

“Georgy Girl” is a song by the Australian pop/folk music group The Seekers. Tom Springfield, who had written “I’ll Never Find Another You”, composed the music and Jim Dale supplied the lyrics. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song but the prize went to “Born Free”.
The song became a hit in late 1966 and early 1967, reaching number one in Australia and number three in the United Kingdom. In the United States, it was the Seekers’ highest charting single, reaching number one on the Cash Box Top 100. “Georgy Girl” reached number two on the Billboard Hot
100; “I’m a Believer” by The Monkees, kept the song from number one.

I am dedicating this song as a tribute to Judith Durham, the lead singer for The Seekers, who just recently, passed away at the age of 79, 5AUG2022…
1943 - 2022, Judith Durham, Legendary Singer and International Music Icon - Rest In Peace!!!

2 Likes

That was a really pleasant rendition, Rene! I can’t say I had ever heard of Judith Durham, although I am familiar with some The Seekers songs. They were like the Australian Peter, Paul and Mary or The Mamas and Papas or Joan Baez of 1965. She had an incredible vibrato that distinguished her voice, although Joan did too. But Judith sang with 3/4 of a barbershop quartet and it is pretty impressive to see how well they performed, playing and singing simultaneously. Kind of like your cover!

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Surely, Judith was an icon, and is the Diva equivalent of Joan Baez, and PPM.
Love your wonderful feedback.
I am almost there with your song (ingolee’s as well).
Thanks again Steve!
Rene