FytaKyte's New Album "NonTrending.Unfluencer" out now!

You’re right man, it’s pretty cheeky and a little bit weird to not at least reach out, but that’s just how some people roll I suppose.
I guess they thought a link in the description was shout out enough, and looking on the bright side it appears as though the video is getting a few views so a bit of free advertising for a track can’t be a bad thing.
On a side note, it’s a fairly comprehensive video, and I’ve been watching a bit here and there, so cheers for posting, it’s a great deep dive into the dark arts of compression.

Just an update on this…

Unfortunately the description is pretty well concealed, and the link has not increased my song’s views - for the most part, those views were already there.

…So, after all my comments were deleted, I sent a personal email to mastering.com. I had no reply, which I kind of expected.

I sat on it for a while, but since I had been communicating with Mike Senior, who runs the Cambridge MT Multi-Track Download library about some more multi-track projects that I have to contribute, I thought I would mention to him about the situation with the video. Mike was not happy to hear the attitude mastering.com had taken, and he said he would try to make contact in my behalf.

…Well, Mike is a man of his word… check out his comment on the video!:

…I think we have to acknowledge: The man has a way with words!

…and it hasn’t been taken down yet!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear those dudes are being so difficult about all this, I mean as Rob rightly points out, it’s literally the point of their channel, to be aiding and nurturing the skills and careers of producers and artists, not shitting on them by not giving out simple credit where credit’s due, especially when they’re using said artists material.
I would have thought it would have been the very least they could do quite honestly, it’s all very baffling that they’d choose to be such arseholes about the entire situation.
Mike definitely nailed that comment though, scathing but still low key enough to come across as chill. Those clowns really should be ashamed.

1 Like

yeah I still couldnt find link to credits and sources, but I couldn’t help but notice the mixing lesson being propagated here…
"Lets run every song through a hyped up mid-upper-mid compression regardless :sweat_smile: "
I assume popular choice is likely going to be the hyped up one because of the average hearing loss factor in the upper mid ranges. I personally found the processed version harsher, specially on my earbuds. I preferred the original better. For that reason, I have a hard time listen to a lot of poprock today as the sounds are usually over my threshold of tolerance and the “buzz” in that range is a sound killer for me.

Knowing you Andrew, the sonic landscape of Bitter is exactly how you wanted it, and not because you couldnt do a little multiband compression :laughing:

Anyway, I do sincerely hope there is a resolution to this. Good to see Mike Senior out of his lair.

1 Like

Hey there Andrew, I just logged into my YT account and noticed there was a reply from mastering.com to Mike Senior and it looks like you finally got some justice out of all this.
I see your FytaKyte Spotify link is now at the top of the description, which is awesome. Shame they couldn’t manage that from the outset but all’s well that ends well I guess. Congrats man.
Hope it’s drives a bit of well deserved traffic your way.

1 Like

Thanks mate - Yes, Mike really did me a big favour.

When he got no response from his YouTube comment, he actually personally contacted the guy who runs it, Rob Mayzes via email.

Only then did Mr Mayzes respond to the comment and contact me (via Instagram).

So kudos to Mike S! He is indeed a genuine fella who really cares about people.

2 Likes

Sheesh, sounds like it was an uphill battle. Thankfully perseverance paid off in the end.
Tells you everything you need to know about mastering.com moving forward anyway.

1 Like