FYI - Melda January contest

I hope this is a good category, due to the contest parameters. I guess it could go in Backstage if it doesn't fit here.

Just saw this from Melda, interesting contest, a few weeks to enter. By “acoustic drums and percussion only” I guess they mean you can’t use a VSTi drum sampler? Melda plugins only, too.

So this time it is simple - make a song, 30 seconds to 5 minutes long, any style (pop, rock, metal, jazz, reggae…whatever makes you feel at home), and just make it sound good. Acoustic drums and percussion only. We’ll include the best ones on the MDrummer’s product page, so you’ll get famous. Well, not really, but it’s better than nothing :). But mainly you’ll get some experiences and a chance to win some high value discount coupons.

Compose your awesome piece of music in your favourite DAW using MeldaProduction plugins. When you are happy about the results, login to your MeldaProduction account and submit your mix along with the project file. When the voting stage starts, people can listen to all mixes that we let into the finals and vote for their favourite, hopefully yours. And we will choose 3 main prizes ourselves.

You can use any host you want, but you can use only MeldaProduction plugins. Any other plugins are not allowed, even those your host includes. You can use gain and panorama in your DAW of course, but that’s about it, anything more complex needs to be from us.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/contest/

3 Likes