FREE Open Source Reverb

I haven’t tried it out yet, but personally, I am curious to poke around in the source code. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://michaelwillis.github.io/dragonfly-reverb/

3 Likes

Interesting. I haven’t looked at the freeverb3 code, but doing some quick tests, it seems to do a pretty good job of not suffering from the tic-tac of crappy reverb.

It does have a denormal issue, where if you feed it silence, the CPU spikes. It’s an easy fix on the code side, probably just something he didn’t catch when testing it.

definitely a a decent sounding reverb. CPU is a bit hefty for what it is.

2 Likes

Thanks for checking it out Boz. It’s nice to hear a real Dev’s feedback.

It’s got some interesting features and controls too. I really like the spectrogram display showing what happens when you change the parameters. The presets seem to be pretty good, and customizing is easy also, working from those starting places. One thing that kind of bugs me is that even with high latency in Reaper, and the plugins don’t show any PDC, it makes a crackling sound when changing parameters. That usually only happens to me with low latency and heavy plugin use. It only happens during the change though, so no big deal really, unless it did that during mixdown with automation …