Finally, my EP is out

Thanks mate. Lyrics are a little cryptic but intentionally so. All have a meaning and purpose but for everyone to interpret in their own way. I appreciate the comment, thanks.

Thanks FC! I’m happy with it. I’m working on something a little different now, but I’m glad I finally “finished it”.

I hope it has a feel of sorts. I was aiming for a feel regarding sound, not sure I got the consistency in terms of song styles but close enough I hope.

1 Like

Late to the party here, but glad I showed up! this is great stuff, still on Omen, but will listen all the way through (I’ve added it to my library). Nice job man! Congrats on getting this out.

1 Like

Great album as well, I really like how fat guitars are and how powerful they sound.
Like an Omen is my favourite as many others!
Congrats achieving such a result!

1 Like

Thanks so much, John! Still blows me away that people are happy to listen! Just curious, what “library” have you added it to? If you are a bandcamp user, let me know your username and I’ll check out your collection.

Thanks mate, especially coming from you! I spent quite a while working on the sounds of the core instruments (drums, guitars and bass). There are 4 guitar sounds, two are the main ones and the other two either provide clarity for riffs or a blending type to back up some of the rhythm sound.

I’ve saved them all as templates in Reaper and literally started working on a new song for the next batch yesterday. It was funny how loading up a template and a drum loop made the feel and style return instantly.
I want the next ep to sound a bit more cohesive, as I still think those five songs are a bit too all over the place (not sound wise but style and theme). Also hope it won’t take another 3 years!
Thanks guys!

1 Like