Fairy tale ,mix

Bit more rocky this one.

1 Like

How do you do it Takka?
Three posts at a time? Are these all originals, are you playing all the instruments?
Anyway, great mixes. I just like the sort of music you’re making. Can’t really comment on anything specific, I’m listening on laptop speakers. It just sounds fantastic.

1 Like

Hi mate, i only mix .Cheers for your comments and glad you like the sound on your laptop.

Hey Takka, I came by for a listen because The Butterfly Effect is one of my favorite bands that I’ve come across over on the Cambridge site. I’ve mixed the other 2 songs already and like them so much I made a mini playlist on my SoundCloud page and still listen to them. This one will round out the EP and is definitely on my soon-to-mix list.

As for your mix, assuming you want some bashing: it feels like the bass could use some more low end to support the mix. The left guitar feels to loud and is kind of pulling the balance of the mix to the left. And maybe 1 or 2 dB on the vocal? Really small things. A nice sounding mix overall.

1 Like

Cheers i should have checked it in headphones really,lazy lol

Good critique. I agree on all counts. Especially the bass. It’s not even volume. It’s eq and maybe harmonics. Sounds like there’s maybe a hpf set to high? If that’s perchance in the original recording then maybe something like Rbass or MaxBass would do wonders by adding harmonics back in.

And I also agree, nice overall mix.

1 Like