Fair In The Field

Original composition, Words and Music by Rene A.

Inspired by lovely Fairfield, CA, where Clarissa stayed for her Physical Therapy Internship during summer of 2022. We stayed in her beautiful Air BNB residence, and enjoyed the food and weather of California.

Dedicated to all loving peoples of our world, our field of dreams in our midst, come and enjoy peace, hope and love!!!

2 Likes

song is beautiful Rene :slight_smile:
Heard this in my car, not sure if there is an issue but I hear several peaks. Might have to gain stage if you moved your condensor closer. Will hear it again in the studio to make sure.

Beautiful voice as always! nice vocal treatments

ps: do you have a Christmas Album?? or planning to?

1 Like

Rene’s recordings are live prints to QuickTime. His interface is utilizing a 192/24 rate and the interface includes an 1176 type comp with 610 pre simulation.

Everything is run through a 6 channel Yamaha board with built in fx module.

So it is quite possibly the inability to tweak certain freqs and process a multiband on these recordings of his without disrupting the flow and vibe of his simplified setup.

Sure, someone such as yourself could do some mastering on his recordings and bring it up a few notches. That would be awesome and a great contribution to Rene and his portfolio of songs. Thanks.

2 Likes

Indeed. I’m hearing some of that distortion again. I’ll be curious to see if the hpf idea will work or if you’ll need to dial back the gain just a hair. Do you see any clipping on meters along the way? Just curious if you have any visual indicators that’d help.

2 Likes

Hi Michelle,
Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback.
This is called proper planning.
I was not on the Christmas Album concept.
But really a great idea.
I will see if I can squeeze this project, as it was not in the plans.
If I do this, I will have to be done by 15NOV, and time is running out so fast.

I will definitely check my recording levels again, for sure.
I think this is easy to fix, on my dials.
Thank you so very much!!!
Rene

1 Like

Hi studio,
I think I can fix this easily, and I will pull back on my recording inputs, just a tad.
Love all the support and assistance.
Love you all!
Respectfully,
Rene

Hi holster, I do have a little bit of visual indicators, but I am not paying attention to it.
Now, I have to.
Lovce all tyhe great feedback.
Thank you again, my friend!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

thanks for the vote of confidence Christopher :slight_smile:
though I can do some post production work and light mastering, I am not a professional mastering engineer. I can definitely give it a go at some point for practice. Shoot some mixes my way, and I will see what I can do.

1 Like

I can relate to your hearing such vibes, Michelle, from this original song. It is very positive and somber, I started thinking about Harry Belafonte singing Mary’s Boy Child and wondering if Rene hasn’t already covered it. But if you haven’t, Rene, you could pull it off.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest anyone cover songs by singers of that caliber, especially when one shares a similarity vocally, but you add a dimension with your guitar that augments what you can do and people freshly enjoy. Oh, I think you could do a bang up job on an album’s worth of Christmas classics! Maybe even sneak in a couple originals if you had them…

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Truly lovely thoughts, and truly huge compliments!!!
I think we have sung this song in a couple of our Christmas masses over the years, and I love Mary’s Boy Child song.
I have not recorded a cover of this song, and for a "Christmas Album, this song is a must, I agree.
Thanks for putting some salt into the Xmas Album idea.
Love this!
Rene

A Xmas album would be nice.
I would do some homework and find songs that are Public Domain rather than go through all the effort and literally pay someone else.

1 Like

Very smart idea.
This is the way to go.
Thanks studio!!!
Rene

While there are a lot of Christmas songs in the public domain, if there is any song you “really want” to do to showcase your voice, the song licensing systems today arent that bad as they were a decade ago. You can purchase a small license (can be done under $100) and cover them as part of your album. There are even revenue distribution licensing systems out there where you don’t have to pay upfront.
But yes, public domain is cheap and easy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Sometimes being on a budget for years, feels like being on a budget.

Starving creatively right before the retirement kicks in!

Whoop whoop!

2 Likes

Hi Michelle,
Very nice info.
Thanks again for the push.
Rene

Hi studio,
Yes, I feel the same way.
I always try to stay away from expenses, and sticking to a budget is a bad habit, and hard to break sometimes.
Spending the big bucks on stuff we love is a good thing.
Thanks again for all the love!!!
With respect,
Rene

1 Like

Yup. Me and Sweetwater are BFFs!

1 Like

At least for me, the spending is coming to a screeching halt, hahahahaha.
Rene