Effect only

Hello

How can I get JUST the sound of the effect(s) output? i.e. if I have an audio/instrument track to which I add in one or more of my FX Sends how can I set my DAW (Cubase 6) so that I hear 0% of the signal but 100% of the effect?

1 Like

This may not help because I don’t know if the functionality is in Cubase 6… I’m on 10.5 and when I’m using the Control Room function there’s a “Listen” button on every channel that allows me to listen to just that channel regardless of if it’s an audio, group or FX channel. Bloody useful.

1 Like

Thanks. My Cubase is the Artist edition so unlikely to have Control Room because of that rather than the version number.

Anyway, what I may not have made clear is that I’m trying to achieve is at the mixing stage rather than while monitoring.

I was referring to the mix stage as well. I use the function all the time to check my FX tracks.

What you may be able to do, is make your aux send pre-fader and either mute the source track or just turn down the fader so you just hear the FX track. I’m not in front of my computer though so I can’t test that theory.

1 Like

Not on Cubase, but I would assume this is the same for most DAWs. You could create an FX Send on your channel. Make sure the FX are set to 100% wet. Then return the Output of the FX channel to another bus. --Or-- you could print the FX Send to another audio track and mix it in that way.

2 Likes

Your routing matrix has to be set so your FX Aux is sent via the send, to the output on your converter, IF you are looking to do send it to a hardware input.

1 Like