Effect only

Effect only

Hello

How can I get JUST the sound of the effect(s) output? i.e. if I have an audio/instrument track to which I add in one or more of my FX Sends how can I set my DAW (Cubase 6) so that I hear 0% of the signal but 100% of the effect?

This may not help because I don’t know if the functionality is in Cubase 6… I’m on 10.5 and when I’m using the Control Room function there’s a “Listen” button on every channel that allows me to listen to just that channel regardless of if it’s an audio, group or FX channel. Bloody useful.

1 Like

Thanks. My Cubase is the Artist edition so unlikely to have Control Room because of that rather than the version number.

Anyway, what I may not have made clear is that I’m trying to achieve is at the mixing stage rather than while monitoring.

I was referring to the mix stage as well. I use the function all the time to check my FX tracks.

What you may be able to do, is make your aux send pre-fader and either mute the source track or just turn down the fader so you just hear the FX track. I’m not in front of my computer though so I can’t test that theory.

1 Like

Not on Cubase, but I would assume this is the same for most DAWs. You could create an FX Send on your channel. Make sure the FX are set to 100% wet. Then return the Output of the FX channel to another bus. --Or-- you could print the FX Send to another audio track and mix it in that way.

1 Like