Dud :(

Hi Mr N I posted a couple weeks ago that I would gladly start a mix contest. Here is how it would go.
I would supply:
$100 for the winner
My tracks…maybe 8.
Folks could use or subtract any of them (including the vocal)
add strings, drums, bass, guitars, piano vocals and bgv’s etc
winner decided by the boss

Think about it. I would get the best of this forum for a measly $100 :slight_smile:

Howdy Paul, I never even saw this until now… lots of good comments in here about the different ways people interact with this site. And in the pandemic, everyone’s got all sorts of other things happening that divert attention. Michelle is absolutely right when she describes the effort it takes to do a good critique, which is what makes them so hugely valuable!

I’d definitely try to contribute to something like this!

So this is all you have to do.

1. put up song
  2. pull it down quick
  3. whine about no one listening to it
  4. sit back and watch the thread grow

Well done!

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing. Paul got more responses to saying he didn’t get any responses than you normally do when you post a new tune.

What a country!

absolutely nothing wrong with it, I try to say something whenever I can right away or leave a like but I have also heard something and left a comment another day. Just saying it happens.

Specially if you are … feeling disconnected and having one of those days where you just cant see the light :yum: … someone wise once wrote a song about it and its one of my favorites!

I think thats the story of many specialized forums with time. What I do like about here is that its a time tested group that works through a lot of the problems. We have our disagreements but we try to reach common ground. There are great people here.

I think it was a clever ice breaker on the issue :smile:

Oooooh! Good idea… maybe have a popup window that reads something like ‘what did you think of this mix’? Then open up some simple multiple choice span/div

Same problem on trying to make changes to this site. I ran into some time (and skill level) problems the last time I went into the backend code for this thing to try and modify how certain backstage threads were filtered. I’d love to try and build out some features on this site, even if they’re just super super small convenience improvements, but I’m getting killed at work with overtime commitments - I also got completely moved out of the division of the company that has anything to do with web development. But great idea anyway. Maybe add that one to the Jira backlog? lol. :wink:

3 Likes

that would be pretty cool actually, then we can see a survey result days later and get a good birds eye view. It might serve the purpose of getting good feedback and increase engagement fast. The other thing that could be handy is keeping survey blind but comments public as they are currently.

however the downside of any ‘tech shortcut’ that works towards an efficient workflow is creating ‘coldness’ . There is a special ‘warmth’ in someone taking the time to actually physically type out of the feedback as opposed to clicking buttons in a software. Although, quite a few people just dont like typing stuff these days lol or they are just really busy. If we present the users a choice then we get best of both worlds. Its going to come down to what we actually value here. Quick and true feedback or warm engagement or both.

Its out there lol

1 Like

On the flipside, just go back a little and see how many paragraphs Andy answered to the folks that commented on his song. Very time comsuming. You could have the extended options optional. haha Love what happened there.
I just checked taxi where I had put that last song. There are 95 that looked at the post and 17 that played it with no comments. So that aligns with what happened here. Don’t comment if it is bad. If have also held off comments until someone else did first. Hypocritical I know :slight_smile: I had one person here (think it was Ingolee) that just said “this just isn’t up to your normal work” That is what the song writer wants to hear. Pure truth. I would be very happy with eight people put a letter grade (B-) so the artist could decide to keep or trash his track.

1 Like

Haha! I missed this comment! :rofl:

Missed this comment too! :grin: You’ll be pleased to know I have something cooking on that front - stay tuned! :smile:

1 Like