Dont just talk,mix

Let me know what you think

I 'll refrain from talking more than the bare minimum :innocent:
I love the song as well as the instrumentation: all the short bits of electric piano and such). Can’t comment on the balance (listing on my laptop), but the timing isn’t very good. The electric piano around 1.00, when the conga’s come in at 2.06, the fretless bass at the end. Might have been sloppy in the recording, but the song deserves a tighter version.

1 Like

Other than the timing issues, this mix sounds fine on a laptop.

1 Like

This mix feels very mono on the first verse making the electric piano? too loud. Otherwise despite the timing issues this is sounding good.

1 Like

Hi I gotta ask. Where are all these songs commin fron? Do you mix the original tracks? If not, how do you repair things? Inquiring minds want to know. ha ha Song was good. Timing issues. Not enough words in the chorus to keep it moving? Lots of potential. First verse few words were masked by something else.

Have a go yourself at the mix.I dont write the songs , repair things? like what

Hi again There are so many things I don’t understand, so sorry bout that. I just meant I couldn’t consider mixing a song if I didn’t see, say ten tracks in front of me. Then I can EQ a guitar, increase a drum kick etc. I was more curious about where you found this song and then how you mix it. I am 70 years old and things don’t come quickly and maybe not ever in this old brain. Didn’t want to sound like a smart ass

Lol your fine and probably far smarter than me.I get a lot of my mixes from Cambridge.l just put the tracks in ny DAW and mix away,Its a hobby that i love and do it as much as poss.Im a single man so have all the time to do what i want lol.If people like what i do all is good.if not all still good as i get feedback as to what they think.My heart wont be broken if they dont like what do and mostly the feedback i get inspires me more . .

1 Like

Ok, I now see what you are doing. It sounds fun. It is good that you are getting feedback to grow in your craft. I only make my own songs and have all kinds of trouble mixing. I have learned a ton in here, but not had any schooling on recording/mixing. I wish you well. Thanks for getting back

1 Like

I think you missed an opportunity. Mixing is relatively easy compared to editing a track to its optimum. If you had edited the track and pitched the vocals the mix would have been a lot easier.

1 Like

Next time i will