Don't Cross The River, 1972, America

Homecoming is the second studio album by America, released on November 15, 1972 through Warner Bros. Records. This album includes one of their best known hits, “Ventura Highway”, also features Don’t Cross The River.

Hope, Love and Peace to our troubled world!

Copyright owners
PEDL, LatinAutorPerf, Warner Chappell, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM

1 Like

First off, my chorus for this song would be “don’t cross the river, at least not there” ha ha. We played a few America songs in the band back in the day. I remember sister golden hair. That run down was fun/different and then that great start. “Well I tried to make it…” I also remember folks trying to dance to that. Didn’t work, especially when it took off at the end.
I had forgotten about this song. I can hear a little verb on your vox now. You don’t need much that is for sure. Too bad you couldn’t have a family member walk in and out of your videos to do some harmony on the chorus etc and then walk on by. would spark some interest. Not that you are not interesting? Now when ya gonna play some original stuff bud?? peace love and minor chords
Paul

1 Like

Hi feaker,
I am working on one original now, and will finish it by the weekend, I hope.
I will post it next week.
Thanks for the push, I needed it!!!
Always a pleasure to hear from you!!!
Rene

1 Like