Dinosaurs - Demo

Just a rough demo sporadically produced in a few evenings. I’m pleased to have captured some of the raw energy in my vocals. I’ve had trouble taming harsh frequencies in my voice, especially as my volume increases. Maybe this recent success is a combination of better miking and better vocal technique.

I tried to let the mood flow through the song (maybe with a little help from my friend MJ). I was really patting myself on the back after “nailing” the partial second verse haha In retrospect, I still like how it’s shaping up.

What’re some turning points/breakthroughs/new workflows/etc that have shown

up in your songs?

Turn that frown
Upside-down
Let’s go paint the whole damn town
In red

I’ve got enough for everyone
C’mon, you fucking dinosaurs
Before we go extinct

I’m never satisfied these days
Against my will I’m on the stage
If I don’t cater to their gaze
They rattle up my cage

3 Likes

I think the most important thing I learned to bring to my songs and recordings was “arrangements”. Looking at the song as if your the producer and trying to get a better overview and looking at things from a different angle. Where can you add colour? …where can you take out unnecessary clutter? Put yourself in the listeners chair. Having gears shifting from each part to flatter the following part…In face all parts should attempt to flatter one and other.

Your song is sounding pretty good so far. I’ll wait to make my final judgement when you’ve finished it.

Dang! That vocal as you were going into the chorus has such a cool Kobain vibe to it. I’m anxious to hear how this one turns out :beerbanger: