Did you miss me?

Yes, I’m a Sherlock fan. I’m quoting that, not asking an arrogant rhetorical question. (Or am I?)

Anyway, I was glad to see Brandon’s still alive, I was a pretty active member of RecordingReview for a while and was somewhat disappointed to see it fizzle but focussing on an education is a good thing.

I’m never really sure what you’re supposed to do in intro posts, so here’s a list of bands I’m enjoying recently:

twentyone pilots
agonist
skillet
lacy sturm
beach house
skrillex
cyberoptix
beethoven
mozart

3 Likes

Hey man good to read you. I have found this new forum refreshing and I hope you do as well. Yep Sherlock rocks.

Dude! Great to see you again @m24p!! How’ve you been?

Oh you know - getting old (I’m in my 30s now and have to take blood pressure medication, lol), taking care of the kids (7 and 5 now), working, and trying to fit hobbies in. Things are good. I moved again last year - to Lyons, my house is now about 30 minutes from my job in Boulder. But the mountains are beautiful and you can see them from my house quite well.

Hoping to work on music with my wife in the next couple of months, so when Emma invited me here, I joined.

Yeah, m24p returns!! Welcome! Glad to have you back with us.

My wife and I have narrowed down our finalists for where we’ll retire in about ten years to Ft. Collins and Portland, OR. We were in CO last summer and loved it, and we’ll be visiting FC for a few days in early Feb so that we can see how well we hack the dead of winter up there. You are right, it is a very gorgeous part of the world.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

yay - glad you found us here m24, there is a cool buzz going on round here… :beerbang:

If you pick Portland, I’ll be just down the road from you!!

Cool! I went to gradual school at UO in Eugene, and did years of fieldwork out in eastern Oregon, so that’s my old stompin ground. Also have family in Ashland, my favorite sister and her pro musician husband, Bob, who I’ve posted about here before (like that picture in my intro thread the other day). They REALLY want us to retire to OR instead of CO, but there are many financial reasons why CO is a better retirement state than OR is, such as what kinds of retirement income is taxable etc.

Where in OR are you at Bryan?

I’m in Roseburg. We get a little less rain than Portland and Eugene :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know it well-- have driven through probably two hundred times! I hope your community has started healing after the college shooting a while back… :cry:

We strongly considered the pacific northwest but we think my wife gets SAD so we decided against it. Certainly a beautiful area there as well.

1 Like

Yeah, it felt surreal as that day was happening. To actually know people connected to the victims of such a tragedy is what made it real in hurry.
Cool to see how the community rallied though. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back m24p - hope you’re doing OK! :drums2:

Welcome back m24p! (EX-fH fH here btw)

hey M24P great to see you , hows the studio build coming (pictures pictures…lol) hows life treating you in Colorado.

I liked how it looked with burlap covering the denim insulation, and thought it sounded pretty good, too. Then we moved a short distance and I haven’t put up treatment yet… and much of my insulation that I plan to use for treatment is currently being borrowed… my wife needed it for an indoor archery backstop, lol. I’ll get too it eventually.

I got sick of not having a keyboard right at the computer so I have a Komplete Kontrol S61 on the desk now, in addition to the giant Roland A-80 off to the side.

1 Like

Mipples! Welcome home @m24p ! Glad to hear everything is doing ok, would love to hear some of your new music when you get to it.

Whoah, and looking at your “user card” I see the May 24th Productions tag… and finally, after all these years, understand where your screen name comes from!

Learn something new every day…

I believe it was the wedding date too! Smart man.

1 Like

Nice to meet you…

I’m new here, look foward to having fun, learning and helping where I can :smiley: