DeRebel From Belgium

Hi there !
Jelle from Belgium here to introduce myself a little bit ! I hope I don’t get to carried away with this :stuck_out_tongue:

(no pro in english, so excuse me for the grammatical errors :wink: )

I’m a guitar player and recently picked up singing again. I play in a band (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37D2ezVX6E) the guy WITH hair :stuck_out_tongue: not the beard, lol, and recently started a more doom/black/death project.

I recently turned 31, not that age is important, but so you get a feel of where I’m sort off at in my life at the moment. Although I’m very adventureous, I’m kind of a latebloomer at a lot of things, so I only recently moved out my parents home, and started living together with my wife and for now here sister as well. Twins, So kinda energy consuming sometimes :slight_smile: But we’re working on a house, so I hope it will only take a year or so for we can finally live in our own home ! But more importantly, back on topic, I hope I will start to feel less musically limited one’s we do move in there, cause the actual goal is to build a homestudio as close to professional as my budget and space alow me to.

Next month we will be starting on the bricks and so on, but my man-cave is already put into the ground. The wife cant take that away anymore :stuck_out_tongue: lol, not that she would though, hehe.

I’ve had a concrete basement put into the ground of (inside measures) 10m long, 5m wide and 2.65m high. Yeah I use meters, I’m metric like that :stuck_out_tongue: Why the 2.65m spcifically? Well, Its the size of the panels to pour the cement in, and adding another layer was to expensive. One’s I start building the inside, I’ll make a thread about it, so you can follow the developemeant, and give me some advice, cause as sort of a rookie in this, I’ll need it! I’ve bin reading about it as well, I almost read the ‘’ build it like the pro’s ‘’ book, wich gave me some good directions to think, and made me deside that its maybe not a bad idea to have the acoustic design done by a professional, if its affordable, considering how many variables there are to consider. We’ll see how that goes :stuck_out_tongue:

The Rebel ? Well, i’m gonna call my studio " Studio De Rebel ". I’ve always bin kind of a rebel against society. Mostly because its always bin trying to change the way I think about things, or how I want to ‘‘creatively’’ approach them. Because I REALY hate it when people try to do that to me when it comes to music, I found this a very suiting name :slight_smile: Rebellion is the only true way to deprogram yourself from outside influence, to find your true self (again). And the greatest rebellion, is creativety! For me music is the greatest language, that always brings me right back in-tune with the universe :slight_smile: (ok, that sounds kinda lefty loosy, but fuck it :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ll shut my noise hole now, cause by now you’re probably thinking ’ he’s kinda full of himself ’ but I guess its sort of an overcompensating thing of my extraverted introvert-mind :stuck_out_tongue: hahaha

I hope I can learn a lot from you guys, and maybe some day visa versa!

Praise Jebus

3 Likes

Hi Jelle and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome @DeRebel ! Congratulations on finding this amazing community!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the in depth introduction. It really helps me to get to know who i am ‘talking’ to.

1 Like

Cheers to music as creative rebellion! :beerbang: Welcome DeRebel.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ! :slight_smile:

Welcome Jelle! Great intro! Glad to have you with us. :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: So far from what I read on here, its kinda relaxed in here !

1 Like

Hell yeah man, I’ll drink to that :slight_smile:

That’s quite an intro! Welcome to IRD! Great to have you here. Looking forward to hearing some of your work. Feel free to check out the mix contest and also the “bash this recording” for submitting some of your own projects.

1 Like

Thanks Holster ! I will do that for sure ! But I gotta get a fresh installation first, cause this hard drive is to small.

Welcome DeRebel!

Have fun :v:

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

Great to have you here! Good job on the video too! I’m looking forward to hearing more of your work. :beerbang:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Well there are some big plans, but every thing takes time you know :slight_smile: Ya’ll probably know that even better then me! Looking forward to sharing a new project, but it will have to wait for now :slight_smile: