Depression Aid - Draft 1

Hello all!

Here’s the first draft for the song “Depression Aid”. I published a demo of it some time ago and now started to work on it for it’s release. Here it is!

Any feedback is welcome!

/Lukas

2 Likes

Listening on earbuds at work. Just typing as I listen. Good stuff! I cant really say much about the mix since I’m listening on little earbuds, but what I’m hearing sounds good. I’d love to hear the lead vocal come up a hair. The other instruments sound good, it just feels like the vocal isn’t the lead. It’s sitting back just a tad.
I really like the vibe of this tune. Great job!

1 Like

Interesting! Love the acoustic on the left and the interaction with the bass and kick. There’s my first comment though. It sounds like the kick has a lot of higher frequencies in it. Maybe useful in metal, but in this style I would prefer a kick with more low and a less high. For the rest the balance is great. I’m not worried about the vocal not coming out in front. Somehow it fits the song.
Good mix!

1 Like

Hi Lukas, a pretty emotional and compelling piece!..

I’d agree with Bryan that the lead vocal feels very recessed in the mix compared to the instruments.

One other thing I noticed was that the acoustic at the beginning seems a little disconnected from the rest of the mix. Perhaps try adding some ambience to it and maybe pan the ambience to the opposite side of the stereo spectrum. That’s always a very effective tactic for “gluing” wide spread elements into a more cohesive sound.

1 Like

Agree 100% with the kick sound. I’ll make some tweaks.

Thanks!

/Lukas

Thanks! I’ll lift up the vocals a bit and apply the ambiance tip.

Thank you very much for your help!

/Lukas

I love it. I love the intensity and the dynamic of the song itself. It sways my emotions. like during verses I get a bit of tension then it releases when the chorus goes in. It gives me a vibe of a soundtrack set in the old west. I’d also agree with the others to raise the vocals a bit. The vocals are great and it won’t hurt to make them the main attraction of the song. Especially during verses.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! and very glad that you liked it. Motivates me to continue!

I already have a new version with louder vocals, I’ll post it soon.

/Lukas

1 Like

tag me after you’ve posted. I would love to hear the remixed version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like to hear that vocal come in sooner. Love the vibe

1 Like

Draft 2!

/Lukas

@brianinogang