Dad - Man from the Box

Dad - Man from the Box
0.0 0

Here’s a new song that I need some bashing with! Every comment is appreciated

/Lukas

Are you an Alan Parsons Project fan? This song reminds me a little of the song Time. I am listening on a set of crappy laptop speakers so no bashing here.

Well, Time is one of my favorite songs in life. Nice that you find a resemblance!
If you like the style you can check out the rest of the songs here :slight_smile:

I’m listening from my phone, so I can’t really give it a fair mix critique, but I’m liking the song so far!
One thing that stood out to me on this mix was the guitar solo. It feels just a tad disconnected from the rest of the band. The solo itself works great for the song though! Maybe a little more reverb on that? Or perhaps bringing it down just a hair?

Thanks for the feedback! I agree the solo feels a bit decoupled here. But I like it that way in this song :slight_smile:

/Lukas

The start sounds a little pink floydish . Woops, I forgot to say Hi:) Nice start on the vox. I am not a mix person, sorry bout that. Not sure, but it sounds to me like it lacks a little bottom end? I have headphones on, so take that with a few grains of salt. Would like to hear the mix come down in a few spots to emphasize the vocal. Like to see what others say now. Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing the mix after tweaking.

Sincerely

Paul

Hi Paul!

Yes, it is a bit Pink Floydish :slight_smile: It reminds me of the song “Brain Damage”

There is no bass at the beginning. I could try to automate the HPF on the guitars and hear the effect of that.
I’ll focus on the vocals to see if I hear any issue of it being drowned when it shouldn’t.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sounding good…

The more subdued vocal parts are losing the battle for the high mids with the guitars, and the words are quite hard to make out. It’s a little better as the song gets going toward the end. Perhaps you could just duck the guitars a little under the vocal phrases in that beginning bit.

Coming from using a less-than-stellar Bluetooth earpiece, it sounds great! Your voice sound is reminiscent of R.E.M.'s singer. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!