"CLA Epic" reverb plugin from Waves

Stopped renewing my W-Up almost 3 years ago. Waves hasn’t stopped adding plugins to their flagship Mercury bundle, and occasionally I check the site (I had to unsubscribe from their newsletter) to see what’s new. Was just wondering if anyone has messed around with this, and if anyone had thoughts on the workflow. Seems like a lot of knobs for a single plugin, but it’s a do-everything plugin so I guess that might make sense.

Just thought I’d ask!

I have it, and I don’t like it. It is actually pretty simplistic in my opinion, you can’t really change much to the tone of the reverb. You should try it though, it’s probably a matter of taste.

1 Like

I bought it too in a sale. I only tried it briefly . For me (was my line of reasoning), if the presets are good as starting points the possibilities of mixing these (once you get used to the workflow) should give a lot of options. However, the tone of the reverb is exactly my problem when using reverbs. I sort of know what I want but I’m not sure if what I want is what I need… This I guess is a lack of experience and never being in someone else’s studio to see and hear how they do it. I love both reverbs and delay, but getting it right is difficult. I was hoping this plugin might help me because it was set by an expert… My studio is not yet up and running so I can’t really try it (only on headphones).

Did anyone else look at this and say ‘Is it necessary to have so many buttons’? lol

1 Like