Channel Strip

Can anyone recommend a decent free channel strip for use with Reaper? Also, is it possible to build one for yourself as a channel template?

Hey Bob, I don’t know of any great free channel strips, but you definitely can build channel strips and save them for easy use in Reaper from the bundled Reaper plugins. This video will give you the idea:

If you can stretch the budget to $40, I highly recommend the Waves Scheps Omni Channel
1 Like

+1 On the SOC

Bob, here’s a document I been putting together of free plugins and devs. Plenty of them to look through and you’re likely to find a channel strip in there. :wink:

3 Likes

I figured you could do it in Reaper basically like a template. Would there be a CPU use disadvantage over the Omni? If not I guess it is more of a GUI preference. I like the idea of the presets on the Omni too, sounds like a time saver you can tweak. I know you can do it in Reaper, but that’s a lot of settings foe each preset.

Thanks, although I’d like to get a lot better in mixing I dread the learning curve, so investing in plugs doesn’t make much sense if I end up sending raw tracks to someone who knows what they’re doing. I’ll check out your doc.

Hard to say, as both the Reaplugs and the Omni Channel are very CPU efficient. I don’t think there would be a big difference

I like the idea of the presets on the Omni too, sounds like a time saver you can tweak.

Yes, there are some great starting points - I have used some of them.

1 Like