Can you damage a mic if you put it in your freezer?

Assuming there’s no wind or snow directly hitting the capsule, if you tried to use a phantom powered condenser at -10 or -20 below freezing over the course of a couple hours, do you run the risk of damaging anything?

Yes, your lips.

The diaphragm might become brittle at those temperatures and become more sensitive to handling.
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen temperature specs on a microphone, maybe outdoor/video mics have a greater thermal operating range.

Youch! These guys took a Neumann 191 and Schoeps CMC6 to a ski resort. This must be safe. Also strapped stereo lapel mics to the guys helmet?

I’d be curious to know what kind of shape those not-cheap mics were in at the end of that session. That’s a $6000 bundle of mics. I sure as hell am not going to be field-recording with those lol.

https://www.asoundeffect.com/recording-and-designing-the-winter-sound-effects-for-snow/

Ha!!! You mean for a singer? Dude, that’d be funny as hell. It would make for an interesting vocal performance. I bet you’d get some interesting vibrato from the singer shivering. But hey…that would stop them from asking to re-shoot the damn song 50 times lol!