BozLabs EQ plugin - what does this mean?

BozLabs EQ plugin - what does this mean?

I’ve been going back and looking into why it seems like some EQ’s are easier to dial in than others in certain applications. Just trying to understand tools a little better.

From the BozLabs website:
And of course, in order to preserve the spectral integrity of analog filters, we do not do any of the digital pre-warping tricks.

What’s an example of a digital pre-warping trick, and who else uses them? Sorry…not up to speed on digital pre-warping tactics for analog filter emulators haha.

Instead, each filter has a nice symmetric frequency response

What does symmetric mean in terms of an eq? And whats an example of a EQ plugin that does NOT have a symmetric frequency response?

all the way up to Nyquist frequency, giving it a much more natural and musical response in the high frequencies.

I know there’s a lot of people on here that are smarter than me, so can someone translate this wikipedia reference to Nyquist into plane english if that’s possible?

Haha… a blast from the past on this EQ unit! :wink:

Thanks @bozmillar

I’m trying to figure out how I can explain it without going into tons of detail. I think I made a video at one point that shows it. Let me see if I can dig it up.

found it.

1 Like