Boxing day mix

Why don’t you stay . Ronnie Jones

1 Like

Nice track - Reminds me of some of the late 70s singer/songwriter stuff like Al Stewart, Gerry Rafferty etc.

I’m only listening on headphones, but the mix sounds very good from that perspective. Nice natural sounding drums and good space around the instruments, yet still present and quite punchy.

The only thing I noticed was the guitar panning. The overdriven bridge guitar right up the centre tends to fight the vocal for frequency space just a tad, and the guitar solo hard left doesn’t feel like the focus of the song as it should be at that point. I realise that a similar sounding part plays as accompaniment under the vocal, but there is nothing wrong with the guitar player “walking across” to centre stage via panning automation.

Nice work.

3 Likes

Nice. I think the lead vocal could have a little more bite (cut some at around 500). Otherwise i would agree with andrew.

1 Like

Really nice song and mix.
I love the snare.
Some very small details. The lead vocal could use some automation on some words. Like “known you” on 1:21. “Stay” on 1:43.
I would also like to hear a bit more brightness on the acoustic guitar. Especially in the intro.
Great job over all.

Done some revisions on the feedback. Sorry ManAbyss had already done it before I see your feedback.
Cheers for that,

1 Like

Catchy song! revised mix is overall a bit better, the opening guitar delay and db is a bit harsh compared to the original version. It could be fine for most, but I also have overly sensitive ears. Vocals are better in the new version, though it seems like they might have been de-essed a bit more than needed or It could also be the style of singing too, not sure.

Vocals are a bit more pitchy in parts for the genre than usual, “to tune or not to tune” a personal choice and choice of the artist, I am fine with pure versions as well.

Great mix overall

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback,I might look into a bit of tuning

Both mixes sound good in ear buds.

1 Like

Re mixed

Cool tune, all the elements are up front and well played and mix sounds great. Overall the track just plods a bit too much for my taste. A couple or 5+ bpm’s would work wonders imo.

1 Like

Hi Intro is too long? Sets a good mood I get that. The singer kinda grows on you…dillioish slightly :slight_smile: chorus is very nice. The bridge has some off key vox parts you might wanna fix. The guitar solo is simple and fits this vibe well. Why don’t you stay said enough times might convince her to do just that…ha ha Liked it

Paul