Black Friday Plugin Deals

It would seem a crime to not start a thread about black friday plugin deals! :slight_smile:

Might I suggest posting deals here as we find them? Not just every silly thing that comes along, but particularly decent products that would be serious considerations for people wanting to build their libraries.

4 Likes

Yeah I love it. I think I started one last year. Itā€™s kind of my favorite time of year! Iā€™m not really in the market for plugins this Black Friday, but I can be tempted! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got an email from Slate Digital that their BFD (Black Friday deals :sunglasses:) goes from 11/19-11/26. To quote from it: ā€œBIGGEST DEALS EVER on both hardware and software productsā€. They already have the new SSD5 on sale, so it would be interesting if they discounted it even further. The timing seems pretty ā€¦ intentional. :wink:

It can definitely be an overwhelming and tempting time.

Weā€™ll be having a black friday sale. Starts monday. I guess black friday isnā€™t really a thing any more, itā€™s black thanksgiving week. I guess the official news will be going out on monday, but it will be the David Bendeth plugins, Imperial Delay, Manic Compressor, ProVocative and Gatey Watey.

I picked up a copy of Provocative :slight_smile:

If any of you guys record acoustic drums, the Slate Trigger is a REAL good plugin!! $49

https://www.slatedigital.com/steven-slate-digital-black-friday-2018/

You may already have drum software, but just so you know, it can be used on a BFD, Addictive, Maschine, or Superior/Ez aux bus too. Say you have addictive. You multi-out your kit to busses. Then you can throw an instance of Slate on that bus then use Addictive to trigger Slate. The samples are really different in Slate. I wouldnā€™t say theyā€™re better or worse - just different :wink:

Presonus Studio One Professional V4

Dah!!! Its $200!! I paid $300 for the cross grade from Pro Tools. The academic version is usually $250.

I doubt anyone here needs a new DAW, but if you do, now is a good time to switch or upgrade. Donā€™t bother applying for a cross grade. You may as well outright buy the thing.

https://shop.presonus.com

Good to know. I asked that question on one of the other post but the reply (canā€™t recall who) was that you couldnā€™t use SDD with AD2. I never thought of doing it this way.

So, does Slate stuff require an ilok?

Was it someone on this forum??

That was completely incorrect. I know you have XLN, but if you were possibly wanting more samples in a real flexible engine, you may consider putting this on your Black Friday wishlist. Donā€™t get me wrong, you can do everything you need to for now with Addictive, but I donā€™t think anyone here would tell you that its a bad idea to consider picking this up. Out of all of the drum trigger software on the market, this is the most stupid simple canā€™t-mess-it-up drum trigger on the market (in my opinion).

I THINK soā€¦ but Iā€™m not positive. My Slate licenses live on an ilok. On the other forum, Miroslav picked on the Slate everything bundle because he hated that it was a subscription. Iā€™m of the opinion that if you donā€™t mind the subscription, the Slate bundle outshines any subscription bundle you can possibly find.

The Slate Everything bundle is $15/month. However, the trigger for $49 is NOT a bundle. Thatā€™s a perpetual license.

Only $168.99 in the cart at AudioDeluxe straight up. Thatā€™s not even an upgrade! Egad.

1 Like

Dang!!!

dudeā€¦ you are like the guru of plugin deals.

@holsterā€¦ we need to tag this guys avatar like Andrews ā€œGolden Ear Certifiedā€ title saying something like ā€œdiscount plugin masterā€

4 Likes

If you have a version of prof already than you can get it for under $100

Haha! As much as Iā€™d like to take credit, my main source is the Cakewalk Deals forum:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Deals-f85.aspx

The KVR ā€œbargain centerā€ thread is a good resource too:

Ugh. My apologies. I mustā€™ve been up late or something. To clarify, obviously, when I posted my question about SSD I meant to be replying not to your post on Studio One, but to your previous post on Slate Trigger. Sorry about that.

So what I was referring to was this conversation from the Free Slate Drums thread:

So, my question was about importing SSD5 drums into AD2, which was answered correctly. However, I never thought of using AD2 to trigger Slate Drums, though. Thatā€™s awesome. Doubly awesome is that I also didnā€™t realize that Trigger comes with a drum library as well.

Iā€™d be curious to know how people would compare this to xlnaudioā€™s Addictive Trigger?

Oh, and I looked on Slateā€™s website: it requires ilok 2 or 3.

Ditto!

The Slate trigger is a little more limited in function than the XLN one. For example, it doesnā€™t have envelope shaping, the mic positioning is fixed, and the routing chain is a little more limited. Its very much a what-you-hear-is-what-you-get approach to a plugin.

The real big bonuses to the Slate is that its super simple to use. You load sounds by dragging them from the browser onto the pad. Canā€™t get any simpler than that.

The other big bonus is that they are completely production ready. You donā€™t have to do a lot of processing to them to get them to do their job. So the pre-processing is a time saver.

This is an advantage over XLN in my opinion. On XLN, I almost always strip off the effects and have to re-build the triggered sample. Its really good that XLN gives you the flexibility to do that though. Because I like the way the trigger function itself works.

No brainer alert!! The Black Rooster Audio VPRE-73 preamp for $9!!!

Use voucher ā€œ2018BLACKFRIDAYā€ during checkout.

Donā€™t even think about it, just grab it! My favorite saturation plugin right now hands down. This is the first one I reach for when I want to try some saturation or to add warmth and air to a vocal. The hi-pass filter and the high shelf on this thing rock! They call it the ā€œVPRE-73 Silk Editionā€ for a reason.

Theyā€™ve got some freebies too. The FREE VHL-3C gets some use. Frankly, I forget I have the other 2.

I canā€™t speak for the other plugins because I donā€™t own them, but I wish I were spending this BF, because I would pick up the other Black Rooster plugins just based on the quality of the VPre-73 alone. Really great prices right now!

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/

======================

(Letā€™s see if I can post the emailā€¦ Hey, it worked!)

Magnetite

Magnetite is our homage to the sound of magnetic tape recorders. Simply dial in the desired amount of saturation and warmth and Magnetite will add the analog tape sonics that youā€™re looking for to your mixes.

Regular: $89

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $27

GET THE DEAL
VLA-2A

VLA-2A is the worldā€˜s finest emulation of THE opto-electronic compressor of the late 1960s. Awesome on drums, but it also performs outstandingly well on bass or vocals and carefully adjusting the compression really helps to make your signals shine and just sit in the mix.

Regular: $129

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $39

GET THE DEAL
VLA-3A

The VLA-3A plugin, is one of the most authentic native emulations of its analog brother from the 70s. This is our goto-compressor for vocals, but it also works incredibly well for bringing out the ambience on percussive material and helping to put some glue into your mixes.

Regular: $129

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $39

GET THE DEAL
Blueface SC-5

Youā€˜re looking for a distorted, smashed-up sound on your drum buss? You want to tame lively and dynamic material? The Blueface SC-5 handles it all. The full-blown set of parameters allows you to dial in just the right setting for your application.

GET THE DEAL
Blackface SC-5

the Blackface SC-5 brings you slightly different compression behaviour, a different harmonic structure paired with a darker sounding audio-path and the option to feed in external sidechain signals.

Regular: $99

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $30

GET THE DEAL
Edelweiss`72

Edelweissā€˜72 is a highly dynamic mixing toolchain, that allows surgical modifications to any signal or mix that might sound limply, needs subtle tweaking or a decent finish. Expand, Compress, Limit and EQ your signal with linear-phase filters in regular stereo or M/S mode.

Regular: $179

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $54

GET THE DEAL
VEQ-5

The VEQ-5 is inspired by one of the most famous and renowned equalizers in studio history - focussing on the power range frequencies from 200Hz to 7kHz it is aimed at cleaning up and sweetening vocals, guitar and keys.

Regular: $69

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $21

GET THE DEAL
VEQ-1P

This plug-in allows for manipulation of the low and high end of the spectrum, without impairing the midrange. The interactive filter network, that features boost and cut at the same time will give the users multiple options of how to treat the shelf frequency.

GET THE DEAL
VPRE-73

The VPRE-73 plugin is inspired by one of the classic preamps in recording studio history. While streamlining the original processor, we did our best to bring you an authentic emulation of the discrete preamp circuitry and audio transformers, but also retained the high shelf filter.

Regular: $29

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER: $9

I just picked up Native Intruments Session Horns for 49 euroā€™s (50% off). Ever since I used free orchestral horn samples for my ā€˜Funky Feverā€™ recording (which you may remember) Iā€™ve been looking for a good funk/ soul horn section at a reasonable price. I hope it lives up to my expectationsā€¦
Any one out there use this? Or similar?

Dang! I dontā€™ do this unless Iā€™m pretty serious about buying something, but Iā€™m gonna go down the list and demo some of these.

For anyone curious that Blueface SC5 is modeled off an Ashley SC50. Plugin Alliance and UAD sell a version called the Vertigo VSC2. However, Vertigo offers a newer version. VSC3. The Black has a less forward and darker warmer sound with the an obvious difference in the bass response when I placed it on a 2 bus.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be very interested to hear your impressions on the Black Rooster stuff!

This happens to be one of my favorites! So easy to dial in quickly and know if it will work on a track/mix, which it usually does. :wink: