Big thanks to Emma for joining me in this collab

I hate asking anybody for anything, but on my bucket list was to have Emma sing along with one of my songs. I needed a gal to sing the crazy part and she is most qualified and did agreed. Yes, I could have chosen a better one, but we both agreed it might be good to do it just for fun.
Her intro shows so much personality. I only wish I was better with mixing? Just such a great experience.

song origin = Guy and gal in a very close relationship…girlfriend says did you know your guy is having an affair with Sarah?..she is so upset, jumps in her cars speeds to confront him and dies in a car accident…she will now haunt him for the rest of his life…………some chords Dmin F G Bb C bpm 90

I saw what you did I’m gonna make life miserable for you

The curtain moved there is no one around…No windows open there was not one sound
Am I going crazy am I losin my mind… I can’t ignore it it keeps coming…. Back… all of the time

Show yourself just bring it on …been goin on…way to long We gotta talk…gotta know who you are
I’m watchin you from the other side…you can’t run you can’t hide
I’ll torment you until the day you die…………it shouldn’t take that long

I’m sittin here just searching my sole…I’ve done you harm…this much I know
I got bad feelin you might be here to get even with me….that’s why you’re haunting my home

It was an accident that’s what they all said… I found out about her …and off I sped
You were in her bed the night that I died…Bet you remember…you have no place to hide

Show yourself …you were betrayed…I was bad what can I say….so what can I do to make you go away
I’m watchin you from the other side…you can’t run you can’t hide
I’ll torment you until the day you die…………it shouldn’t take that long

2 Likes

freaking awesome. Both of you nailed it. We should have used this for the mixing contest. it would be so fun.

2 Likes

Ha ha Thanks Eric. I actually thought of requesting that when it popped up, but it sounded a little selfish. I would love to participate however in a track that one of my friends here has made. Thanks for the listen and comments bud:)

1 Like

hehe that sounds COOL Paul and what fun I had, recording those vocals. Thanks for inviting me - lovely to work with you. :beerbanger::sunglasses:

2 Likes

A musical ‘ghost story’ just in time for Halloween! I love the creepy-factor. Nicely done.

2 Likes

Thanks Jamieson. Most fun I have had recording thus far:)

1 Like

Oh, for fun! Nice job Paul and Emma. Very creative. Nice song idea, nice vocals, good arrangement, and a very nice mix on top of it all. Got to feel good about this!

2 Likes

Hi guy. I have always loved Emma’s tracks. So much talent there. I just lucked out having her say yes.
You know how it is tho. When you are done, you post it, and then you hear STUFF ha ha Thanks for you kind words

1 Like

I try a bunch of collabs and they seldom work for me… the secret with this one was simply diving in, without thought or goal and having fun and not even caring what it sounded like… hehe… what sort of recording philosophy is that???
I usually try collaborations that interest me, for a few days and see if they gel, and this one had a lovely creative synergy. Thanks Paul!

1 Like

Awesome you two! Well done! And good mixing and drum Paul! Bravo!! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hey Mike. Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen and comment. The question is, are we ever satisfied with the mixing? I have to walk away or I keep picking like leftover turkey at thanksgiving :slight_smile:

Never! “A mix is never finished, only abandoned.” (I looked it up - I think this is paraphrasing Leonardo da Vinci)

2 Likes

feaker,
You’re very good about reviewing my music, so here I am. Mix sounds good to me! Vocals sound very good & so do the instrumentals. This is a minor gripe: I think the song ending could be more dramatic, or more of a standard issue fade out, or let that last electric bass note ring out longer. I think this song could work well in a play, or somewhat of a rock opera. Cheers!