Big Al Bash this Mix - The reworking

Before I submit a mix to bash - I’ll admit I’m not all that au fait with the rules of submissions…

Am I correct that submitting a mix to the Bash This Recording section is not an actual submission for the contest? As in, I can have a Bash and then using feedback from knowledgable fellows, make some changes and then submit it officially in the Contest section?

1 Like

You are correct. You are welcome to use “bash this” on any contest we host unless we specify otherwise. :wink:

The official entry goes in the contest category

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification @holster.

Hereby I submit for a bashing my reworking of the @BigAlRocks song. All parts apart from drum and vocals were re-recorded. I’m going for a softer sound than the original, and this song has veered into Boston and Dire Straits territory a few too many times. I’ll admit I’ve lost perspective on this a little - therefore fresh ears and honest opinions are most welcome. Bash away my brothers and sisters!!!

Technical notes for the song - The drums were left alone, just added a new kick drum track and a single cymbal hit at the end of the song (silly story). All guitars were re-recorded using Amp sims and my gorgeous Boss GP-10.

2 Likes

Hi sounds pretty good to me. I would tweak those few vocal notes that are slightly off. It’s tough to sing a song like this that is all over the place.