Been away for a while, back for a good bashing: Rock song - Cuidado

I like the song, and while It still needs some work I’m bringing it to you guys for a fresh perspective, what works? What doesn’t work for you?
Depending on your feedback I’d be willing to go back and re-record anything that just isn’t working, so consider this a demo that I have attempted to present in its best light. What do I need to do to get it to the next level?

Cool sounding track - I dig the bassline…

Mixwise the vocals are sitting nicely, and I like the snare sound… However, the snare is too loud, and the kick is too low in level by comparison. The lack of kick is compromising the groove of the song - turn that sucker up, and match the low end of the bass to it.

The guitars also sound overly woolly and full in the low end - that is causing the mix to sound muddy when they come in…

It should only take a few fairly minor adjustments to get this sounding great!

1 Like

I like the tune .I would make adjustment mentioned by coldroomstudio then repost. Not sure of the language being sung, but it sounds like there are some tuning things that need to be fixed also.
Nice job !

1 Like

I worked on this a bit more, added a few extra guitars for texture which I think really make the song work and shortened it by about 30 seconds. Overall I think it’s much better now thanks to the comments here.

This is the first thing I worked and i really like how it made the guitars sound just a tiny bit more aggressive

I tried to balance them out more, let me know what you think.

Spanish FYI :smile:

I fixed the most egregious bit in the vocals at the very beginning of the song but I think I’ll practice singing it a bit more and re record the vocals instead of trying to fix them. Thanks a lot!

For me that intro bassline doesn’t work as a standalone riff alongside the drums. The way that it keeps breaking rhythm makes it feel like there’s something missing, or something else coming (that doesn’t).
I reckon for that bass to hold it’s own it really needs to be driving on every 8th note and maintaining a constant rhythm, at least until the guitars drop anyway.
The drums need a ton more work too as far as working on patterns that accent the changes a bit more. Feels really copy/paste as it stands.
The individual elements sound pretty good but there’s a LOT of imbalances within the mix (super loud vocals/snare/rhyth gats) that make it quite taxing on the ears.
Here’s a little example of your bassline played on the 8th notes. Notice how it maintains a solid rhythm with a constant forward momentum.
Just some ideas bro, take it or leave it.
EDIT: This is based off your OP mix as a reference.

Thanks for the example, I’ll work on getting the bass and drums to lock more.

1 Like

mix 2 way better. Didnt get too far into mix 1, drums were way distant

im not really feeling that whole section from :52 to 1:12ish. What all is that coming in there? I guess thats guitar but it sounds too muddy and unfocused and it sounds like a lot of frequencies competing with each other and it makes it sound out of tune. Sounds almost like power chords with the 5th in the bass…they sound great on their own but hard to fit them into a dense mix. Is that also a piano playing some notes?

chorus sounds a little better than the prechorus

the lead coming into the chorus is nice and probably could be a bit louder. I dig the way it resolves on that bend. Nice