Be True (It’s all that you can do). An alien abduction song

You all inspired me to write/record an acoustic tune. I had this funny idea of crossing the “No matter what they take from me, they can’t take away my dignity” Whitney Houston sentiment in the setting of an alien abduction.

Had fun trying to get a good acoustic sound. Double tracked the guitars, each track with a LDC (Austrian Audio OC18) and SDC (Beyer MC 930). I hope you like it, and have some feedback for me, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @flyguitarfish ,
The guitar tracks are so perfect, very nice.
Your vocals is floating above the instruments, just how I like it.
The drums add to the beauty of the production, and I also like the acoustic guitar solo and the harmony.
Very nicely done.
Rene

1 Like

chord at 9 seconds off…love your voice on this…post lyrics next time…nice harmony…great vibe…acent guitar playing is very complimentary…some would say more reverb on the vox but I like the clarity.
me likes…others with mixing chops will help you

1 Like

Lyrics as requested:

Be True (There’s nothing you can do; An alien abduction song)

Be true
There’s nothing you can do

It’s true
They’re coming after you
It’s our extinction

And history won’t tell our story
And they take us all away
So far away
Don’t worry It’s the thought that counts

Untrue
I can’t and won’t believe this
They’ll steal our brains

In the sky it’s like a warning sign
The light on your head, it’s blinding
There’s no escape this time

They want your heart and mind
And they don’t care about your future
No way to stop this now

It’s true
They’re coming after you
Be true
Might be all that’s left of you
Might be all that’s left of you

Be true
There’s nothing you can do
It’s true
They’re coming after you

2 Likes

I love songs like this that sound all happy and cheerful and the lyrics are anything but that. Musical irony at its best! :beerbanger:

Love it!

1 Like

What made those little sounds at the end?

@holster
Agree! I love writing heavy tunes with sentimental lyrics and light tunes with dark lyrics. Fun stuff!

1 Like

@studio

I needed a good alien abduction sound so I did what anyone would do…record a really breathy hum and put some weird effects on it. I’m still not sure how that worked, haha!

Here’s a pic of the random effects I threw on top…lol!

1 Like

It was awesome sounding!

May I suggest bringing it louder in the mix, an actual crossfade with the last tag of the song.
Then, fade out like a real flying saucer drifting out into space!

Mind, blown!

2 Likes

@studio

Haha, I love it…I can totally picture that!

1 Like

I would never have known this was sci-fi if it weren’t in the title, dude! Nonetheless,

says it all, just not out and out saying ‘alien’ anywhere doesn’t hoist a big flag. I think that lyrically worked very nicely actually, and such a pleasant melody and delivery. I feel like it’s something Weezer or REM combined might have done.

I’m not technical, but I felt the guitars sounded fantastic, and a neat touch of stereo. If there was any dischordance, it only added authenticity. The special effect UFO ending was cool, too.

I fully expect this to be in the next Sondra Bullock made for Netflix action movie! Of course they will be rescued at the last possible moment.

1 Like