Bass Guitar Collab?

Cool.

I’m not sure what the proper way is to do this? I’m thinking an mp3 would be fine: I guess import it into your DAW, add the bass, send me that audio file and I’ll add it to the mix?

So please don’t get hung up on this mix. It’s VERY rough. Way over-compressed. All kinds of things wrong with it. I’m gonna totally re-do it. However, I’ve tweaked the timing on each of the guitars, so they’re pretty close to where I wanna go… Drums are gonna get a huge make-over. I don’t like some of the fills. I’ve not EQ’d them at all. Blah, blah, blah.

The bass here is “okay” but it is, I think, too simple, plus it’s a bit out of tune on some notes. Plus it’s just a MIDI bass and I’m not crazy about it. A decent bassline would do wonders with the song.

Just look at this as a sketch at this point. The gist of it is there. Any suggestions on the arrangement though would be helpful.

Here’s the mp3 with bass:

This is the same but w/o bass:

Let me know if the mp3s are okay. Glad to send project files as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

Cool, I’ll have a listen and see what I can do. It likely wont be until about Tuesdayish as my bass is actually in the shop for a set up right now - hopefully she comes back sounding good and ready to kick some ass :slight_smile:

Nice. Much appreciated. I’m looking forward to it.

This is kind of fun already! :slight_smile:

Agreed! I don’t really get to jam or play with people anymore, looking forward to this! I did one other collaboration on the old RR site and I was really happy with it. Just listened to your bass version - I like the song, I’m sure I can spruce up the bass for you a lil bit :slight_smile:

Hi Like this. Some great guitar licks. You really loosened your vox up as this went along:) Like to hear some harmonies in that chorus. Going to be fun following this as you work out the wrinkles. Love the chuckle at the end. Your intro and guitar might be also used in a whole different structure down the way??? Just a thought :slight_smile:

I might give this a whirl. I’ve just come home from a few days with my Swedish friend, who also lives in NZ. He’s had a big birthday and his two brothers, who still live in Sweden, had come over. They told me some horror stories of of the current Sweden - and I need something to distract myself with. So this is perfect !!
S

Thanks, Paul, for the encouragement! So, tell me more about what you’re hearing for the guitar. You’ve got my curiosity piqued.

Oh, BTW, tempo is 90 BPM

I’ll have a listen tonight and maybe have a jam along.
I was only this morning thinking of picking up ky bass (its one of the few pieces of gear I haven’t sold lol)

No time record massive projects but things like this i can get involved in .

Although i still have other projects and promises on here that i never finished. Life just gets in the way (especially if u have kids!!!)

Will try

1 Like

That’d be cool, Lain. Thanks. I’ve been so busy myself. I’ve been trying to rework this song: tightening up the timing now, remixing, and trying to touch up a spot or two that’s off pitch. Haven’t been able to keep up here. Would love to collab, though.

Lain lol :joy:
I get that a lot haha.

No worries. I will try get on this soon mate :+1: :guitar:

@LazyE!!! So good to see you man! Hope all is well! :beerbanger:

I’m confused, maybe cuz your profile name is all lowercase: so I’m guessing maybe it’s an uppercase “i” and not an “L”?

Sorry about that!
Looking forward to the collab. I’ve been messing around with a remix, btw. Welcome your thoughts. Thanks, LazyE! :slight_smile:

I totally redid the bass also, just to see what I can do. This is NI’s Scarbee Rickenbacker bass. I’m eager to hear what it’ll sound like with a “real” bass.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah dude, likewise.

All good thanks,
New job, new house and new baby girl :+1::beers::muscle:t2:

Busy lol.

Hope you’re all good mate?

1 Like

Lol no worries dude,
will take a listen this weekend. Cheers bro

Just listened to the song.
It sounds like you’re doing a good enough job on your own mate.
Its not my style of music but i hope you find someone to collaborate with.
However, that been said it sounds ok without a bass track.
Maybe some keyboards and harmonies would do it justice.
And maybe some alternative lyrics for a verse to break it up a bit.
Good on you for doing music that you believe in.
All the best

congrats on the baby girl! Thats awesome! Glad to hear you’re doing well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouraging words, Iain. Much appreciated. And for the suggestions as well.

Congrats on the addition to the family! It’ll change your life, man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’s this collaboration coming along?

Ah, not much happening as far as the collab goes. Dan (Pirrie08) sent me a draft, and I think we both got distracted (thanks, Dan!). Life gets so busy sometimes.

I re-did the bass and I “think” it turned out pretty nice. Song is getting bashed here.

Thanks, Al! Would love your thoughts on the mix at this point!

1 Like