Bash this WIP

The arrangement isn’t finished, and it’s only a short clip of what will be a full song. I mainly need some bashing on the mixing and mastering. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Sounds great! Big wall of sound with punchy guitars!
Sound wise, can’t fault it at all. Not sure if it is intentional but the first stop sounded really strange, not deliberately abrupt as to set up the next section, but not a gradual fade either. I actually thought the track had finished with a kind of “this is a preview” fadeout. Maybe that’s what it was. If not, I’d either let the guitars ring out more or stop it dead in its tracks like a slap in the face.
But besides that, it sounds top notch!

1 Like

Haha yeah, it’s abrupt cause I haven’t written any in between sections yet. I only have those two parts done, but eventually i’ll make it have a good flow. Thanks so much!

Hi Mr X I am old and unqualified to take seriously. That said, I feel the guitar chord changes don’t match the drums. It throws me way off. The second one is closer. Take this with a pound of salt.

1 Like

Huh lol. They sound ok to me. Not sure how that would throw you off.

Sounds good as I listen through my little iPad speakers. I can’t judge the lower frequency range because my playback device isn’t ideal. I’ll probably give this another listen through my headphones and laptop. That will give me a more complete picture of your mix.

Listening again now, through headphones this time. I like the sounds you’ve got going on. I wouldn’t mind hearing a little bit more low end but the way you have it is fine.

Great start! Do you plan on adding vocals to this?

1 Like

I was totally wrong. On a second listen, it sounds very good.

1 Like

Wow, really cool - I remember the first mix you posted - this is literally miles ahead… and in a very short time. Nice work!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can definitely say that thanks to this site, I’ve gotten a much firmer grasp on mixing and mastering, and have learned things I never would have otherwise.

1 Like

That would be amazing, adding vocals. But I’m not a very good lyric writer and finding a talented singer that would be willing to work with me is pretty hard.

1 Like

0:28 weird drum noise pops out there. Also drums sound a touch too roomy / reverberant overall, and not balanced too well, maybe guitars touch too hot.

I don’t notice anything at 0:28, just cymbal fades. Got it, less verb. Not balanced as in? Hot as in?