Bash this mix, mix A or mix B

Mix A

MixB

1 Like

Hi there,

I’ve bashed both of your mixes and I recommend to you… Mix B

I found your Mix A far too grungy and distorted, and the vocals were practically taking a back seat, whereas in Mix B they were up front, where I feel they should be! Maybe Metal purists would prefer Mix B, but that depends what audience you are targeting?

The whole song somewhat reminds me of a Metallica v Deep Purple mix, the lead solos sounding very much like Richie Blackmore.

Overall, Mix B seemed to be better produced, and 6 seconds longer too!!!

Like the alternative outro too… It’s good to experiment like that!

Good overall effort… Nice one! :beerbang:

1 Like

Thank you Ailwyn for taking the time to listen. You’re confirming my suspicions…

Mix A has more prominent bass and the guitars (rhythm) are down just a few db, drum ambience is up due to the lifeless e-drums which someone else commented on, in order to fake a more realistic atmosphere…thus they had me back to the drawing board…otherwise, I personally am behind B :slight_smile:

BTW - I am a huge Ritchie fan, although didn’t think it would leak on this song :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both mixes sound great! Good job! Good vocal tone and the delay is very effective. The guitar solos are great, though the section at 3:23+ sounds a bit nasal and pinched, and I’m not confident you want it like that. I think the “best” mix is between A and B, honestly. I love the grungy bass but it’s too much and muddies things up - but it’s fine if you want to have it up a little to showcase it during a non-vocal part.

Weird ending, lol, but if you like it, keep it. It’s not wrong.

wow awesome rhtyhm guitar tone. sounds really thrash heavy. sometimes it reminds me of the slayer seasons tone. woow im really digging this tone. and the lead guitar work… wow its perfect.

Im liking mix A better because it has better drum sound IMO.

for the song itself, I think this song would be more killer if you tighten up the drum kit more. it sounds good as is and it think it would improve more if you gave the kick and snare more body and punch. nothing drumagog and a compressor couldnt do :wink: I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Every guitarist has their signature and I recognised Ritchie’s influence immediately. I wasn’t a big Purple fan, more of a Rainbow one!

@Ailwyn, I can only be honored by the Ritchie Blackmore comparison.

Thank you all for listening!

I did end up doing a best of both worlds and settling for in the middle approach, so for those that still have nerves left to give it another listen…here comes
Mix C

I called it “Final” but is there anything that could carry that name in the days of instant recall? :slight_smile:

1 Like